[Newb] Please Help!

Hey guys-

First off let me say that MVP Baseball 06 is the greatest innovation I have ever seen and I love it with all of my heart and soul. It owns me and I have played it nonstop the past three days after downloading and installing the beta about three months ago or something like that.

What happened was I didn't download any patches (can someone explain what those are/ where to get them / how they work?) and installed it thanks to the help of someone I knew, didn't get how I installed it, but it worked. Anyway, today for the third time in two days it kicked me off in different spots of either the game or menus, saying that "mvp05.exe" had to close, Error Report... blah blah blah

So, to save my precious game, can someone help me please?

Hey guys-

First off let me say that MVP Baseball 06 is the greatest innovation I have ever seen and I love it with all of my heart and soul. It owns me and I have played it nonstop the past three days after downloading and installing the beta about three months ago or something like that.

What happened was I didn't download any patches (can someone explain what those are/ where to get them / how they work?) and installed it thanks to the help of someone I knew, didn't get how I installed it, but it worked. Anyway, today for the third time in two days it kicked me off in different spots of either the game or menus, saying that "mvp05.exe" had to close, Error Report... blah blah blah

So, to save my precious game, can someone help me please?

Ok you should probably reinstall first (remember to copy your saved games to another directory) then install MVP 2005. then install EA patch #3 (its here in the DL's) then install your MVP 06 mod (and the datafile fix or whatever you have used) and you should be good to go.

Make sure to copy your saved games back to the my docs/mvp folder once you have reinstaled.

hope that helps

Archived