Spyware..

..What's the best program? I already have SpyBot S&D, Spyware Doctor and Ad-ware.

I have a stupid popup that comes on in my taskbar (next to the time) and keeps saying i have like 6 viruses. And i get stupid sites for spyware programs. Plus my files on MY COMPUTER are running slow.

What can I do to stop this!

I don't know about Spyware Doctor, but the other programs work well. SpySweeper is another good one...it's not free but you can run the trial version.

Also, if you haven't already, be sure to run the programs in safe-mode (including your AV scanner)...otherwise they can be ineffective in removing malware.

..What's the best program? I already have SpyBot S&D, Spyware Doctor and Ad-ware.

I have a stupid popup that comes on in my taskbar (next to the time) and keeps saying i have like 6 viruses. And i get stupid sites for spyware programs. Plus my files on MY COMPUTER are running slow.

What can I do to stop this!

Considering I know who you really are, this doesn't surprise me.

Unless you change your online practices, you won't get rid of it. You may remove the current ones for a while, but unless you change what pages you've viewing on the internet and what programs you're installing, you'll just keep getting more.

I don't feel like starting a new topic so I will ask my question here.

Recently my computer has been acting very strangely. A sign keeps poping up that says my comp is infected but when I run a check everything is fine. Then it says that spyware has been found, so I check for that. Same result it says everything is fine. Then somehow some program that I have never heard of, Pest Trap?, gets installed on my computer and everytime I uninstall it, it comes back.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Archived