New SLI setup having problems with MVP

thr33niL

This is perplexing! :?

I have been using an x800 pro for almost a year and would run MVP with the goodies cranked (AA X8 AF X16) and had silky smooth lines and gameplay.

Well I took the plunge and built a top of the heap SLI rig and just got done getting MVP all loaded up again. I went ahead and cranked the AA and AF once more... To make a long story slightly shorter -- It doesnt look very good. With 8x and 16x I still see way more jaggies than I did with the far inferior x800. Could this be drivers or settings or ???

Anyone else have these types of "issues" running MVP on an SLI rig?

• 2 weeks later...

got same setup and have same problem my second computer still runs x850xt pe and I run them side by side and the x850xt pe is flawless compared to the sli setup. I have to run the no flicker grass on the sli setup which sucks I am thinking of going Crossfire instead and get a pair of x1800's instead of these 7900gt's

Super,

Doesnt it suck?!

MVP is one of my most played games. When I upgraded, I never thought that it would look worse with 3 times the GPU power.

Man I hope its just a driver thing because the AA isn't working worth a damn. Looks like I'm playing a console game.

I'm depressed. Going to load it on my media pc and see how that goes. The jagged lines bug me to no end.

(once you have smooth, you cant go back)

BTW, I have two 7900GTs as well. Can play Oblivion at 1600X1200 4XAA... but can't get smooth lines on a sports game???? Argh!

Can't you disable SLI somewhere in the settings or set up some kind of application profile to configure how the graphics load is handled? I don't run SLI and am no expert, but from what I know, not all applications support SLI and I'd be willing to bet MVP doesn't. And if something doesn't support SLI, I'm sure there'd be drawbacks such as those you described.

Can't you disable SLI somewhere in the settings or set up some kind of application profile to configure how the graphics load is handled? I don't run SLI and am no expert, but from what I know, not all applications support SLI and I'd be willing to bet MVP doesn't. And if something doesn't support SLI, I'm sure there'd be drawbacks such as those you described.

I've tried EVERYTHING. Disabling SLI, running different drivers, running only one card, fiddling with every setting imaginable.... Its either an nVidia issue or a 79xx series issue. Thats why I hope its the drivers.

There are only 2 drivers out that support the 79xx series and those are the 84.21s and the 84.25 Betas. Both have MVP looking like poop.

Archived