MEBL: Online League Starting up!

jxtuoleafs

Greetings,

My name is Jake and I have been interested in starting an online MVP 06 league for sometime now. I feel that after a bit of thought, this is the right time.

I would like to introduce you to a league with the worst web design, the most unorthodox stat-tracking method, but in the end, what I hope to be an extremely fun, serious, and successful league.

Microsoft Excel Baseball League will soon be open for business, as soon as I can figure out how to consistently and properly connect using Direct IP games. If someone can give me some tips, that would be great. So far, I've tried using the same datafile, models.big and rosters without success...what am I missing?

Aside from that, I feel I should explain the league.

I will personally (with maybe an assistant or two) keep track of stats using the not-so-popular Microsoft Excel. I have a lot of experience using this program, and to me, this is the fastest and cheapest way to manage stats. When you download the roster file at the beginning of the week, you will also download the excel file containing MEBL stats.

The full rules can be found at our forum...which really doesn't have much going on, seeing as it's just starting.

So, I will be accepting sign-ups now, but I'm hoping to truly grasp direct IP play before I start full-blown recruitment. The sign-up template can be found on the homepage.

Forum - http://s9.invisionfree.com/MEBL/index.php

Website - http://www.freewebs.com/themebl/index.htm (under construction)

Basically, if you've been looking for a fun, relaxed online league, this is probably the place for you. Sign-on up and stay tuned for more info!

I'm glad both of you are Boston fans, haha...well, this is to anyone, if you think if you're even slightly interested...could you fire jtuominen@tcs.on.ca a quick e-mail with your msn/aim and 3 preferred teams? Thanks a lot...and I hope we can fill this league right up!

P.S - It looks like it may be first come first serve on the Red Sox.

We're at 7 players in 2 days...nice! We'd still like more though...keep those sign-ups coming!

Taken teams:

Toronto Blue Jays

Boston Red Sox

Baltimore Orioles

Cleveland Indians

Houston Astros

Oakland Athletics

Atlanta Braves

The rest are available!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived