Version 2.1 (patch) Bat Selector Uploaded.

spitoon

Alright, I finally uploaded it. I'm leaving it as a "Beta" version (0.7) for now, in case I find anything I've missed....

Here is the full readme:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Spitoon's Bat Selector V 0.7 - June 30/04

-----------------------------------------------------------

This is my first attempt at creating some kind of interface to allow you to personally select which bats you want in the game.  I set it up to follow the bat descriptions in RGlass's editor as closely as I can.  For each of 8 slots you are able to select anywhere from 5-9 different bats out of a total of 65 bats all together.  This set includes all the bats from version 2, version 3.1, version 4 and some new ones.  There are basically 24 different bats, then options to add pine tar or tape to them. 

Once the batch file is complete, it inserts your selections into the initstaz.big.

Installation instructions:

--------------------------

Unzip the entire contents of this zip into your MAIN MVP 2004 directory, the one with the MVP2004.EXE file.  

Double click on Bat Selector.bat

It will reply with an ERROR message if you didn't install it in the proper directory.

Answer the questions

Press Enter when asked by NFSHTool

Play the game with your personalized bat selection.

NOTE:  If you want to speed things up in future, right click on the Bat Selector.bat and choose Send To --> Desktop (create shortcut).  Then 

you will have a shortcut to it right on your desktop.

---------------------------------------------------

Please note that this batch file makes use of the same 'batch install method' that my previous bat sets used.  I know a few people had problems getting it to work that way, so if you do, post a message and I'll see what I can do.  Make sure that you use the version of gfxpak.exe that I included with this zip, there is a version floating around out there that doesn't recognize all the commands that I use and will cause errors.  

I made it a bit more foolproof this time as the batch file will check to make sure that it is in the correct folder before proceeding.

Enjoy!!

Spitoon.

Files included:

CHOICE.EXE

NFSHTOOL.EXE

GFXPAK.EXE

/BMPS

/FSH

BAT SELECTOR.BAT

README.TXT

Ended up with 65 bats to choose from 8) ...

Let me know how it goes 8)

spitoon

EDIT: By the way, it ended up to be a fairly big file with the 65 bat images included...close to 5MB...dial-up users beware! :p

I installed it like the readme says. All the files are where they're suppose to be (C:...EASPORTSMVP Baseball 2004). After I choose which bats I want and hit yes, it says "Imput file fshindex.fsh not found." "Unsuccessful termination. See readme.txt for more details."

I never had any problems with your other mods. What's going wrong?

I installed it like the readme says. All the files are where they're suppose to be (C:...EASPORTSMVP Baseball 2004). After I choose which bats I want and hit yes, it says "Imput file fshindex.fsh not found." "Unsuccessful termination. See readme.txt for more details."

I never had any problems with your other mods. What's going wrong?

Hmmm, it's looking for a file called index.fsh which should be in the folder /fsh that was included with my zip...check that and let me know what you find....

EDIT: just as a check, I was able to reproduce that same error message by removing the index.fsh file from the /fsh folder...Odd, because if you got that far, then you definitely have it in the right folder, did something happen during unzipping where the /fsh folder, or it's contents didn't get created????

I have no /fsh folder.

What folders should have been created? And which files go in it/them?

Right at the bottom of the readme it names all the files and folders that should appear after unzipping...

Files included:

CHOICE.EXE

NFSHTOOL.EXE

GFXPAK.EXE

/BMPS

/FSH

BAT SELECTOR.BAT

README.TXT

I can't figure out why you wouldn't have it, it is included in the zip.... :banghead:

Inside the /bmps folder are 65 .bmp images (all the bat images).

Inside the /fsh folder are 8 .bmps (0000.bmp, 0002.bmp and so on), plus a file called index.fsh (required by nfshtool).

OK, got it to work. I wonder if it just doesn't extract properly with the .zip program I use. (Power Archiver 2003). What did you use to pack it up? WinZip?

Glad to hear it worked for you. I use a program called ALZip for all my 'zipping' needs :? :)

I just tried to install in the main folder. I got an error. check to be sure it is in the main folder and it is. However it acts like it is not. I downloaded kccitystars unis for the tigers and it mde the game crash each time I tried to to play. Not saying he is at fault. I reloaded everything, have to start over with new downloads. Tried the Bat file first and I get this error message like it is in the wrong file. I am using winRAR to unzip. Whats going wrong?? :banghead:

spit this is awesome! installed great without a hiccup. now will i spend more time selecting bats than playing the game? hmmm. now i have 2 questions.

1. how can i fiddle with the program to swap around bats in different postions? mainly how can i put the red/black sambat into the red/black (red/black eastons, louisvilles etc.) selection slots. i'm sure i can figure it out but i'm tired of fiddling, it would just be easier if u can direct me.

**** the ******* dodgers won.

where was i?

2. have u considered messing with the fielding glove updates from awhile back? i tried pm'ing the author for the templates but no response. either way i think u are definitely the man for the job, your attention to detail is impeccable.

I love the bat selector...great work...but i was wondering if you were going to update this anytime and have the bats showing that way you can see what you are choosing..that would make this program even better...but great work and can't wait for a future update

1. how can i fiddle with the program to swap around bats in different postions? mainly how can i put the red/black sambat into the red/black (red/black eastons, louisvilles etc.) selection slots. i'm sure i can figure it out but i'm tired of fiddling, it would just be easier if u can direct me.

I would think you could just swap the .bmp file names and run the batch. I pretty sure it wouldn't match the bat description during the selection screen, so I suppose you'd just have to keep track of which bats were swapped. Give it a try.

yeah i was messing w/ that last night but no luck. i'm just wanting to play the game i guess, but dammit - there's just so many cool mods to keep adding, it's driving me nuts!! i'm addicted!

I'm sure that if we sweet talked spitoon he could tweak the batch to let us select any of the bats for any slot.

Next version maybe?

:D *hint hint* :D

Yeah, that is definitely possible, in fact it was the initial goal of the program. I ran into a small problem with the numbering system that "CHOICE.EXE" uses, it only accepts SINGLE KEYSTROKES. They can be letters, and it can be case sensitive...so the problem would be that if I had a list of 65 bats to choose from for each slot, you would have to select them using 0,1,2,3,4..etc for the first 10, A,B,C...etc for the first 26, then a,b,c...etc for the next 26 and that is only 62...not sure if it accepts shifted number keys (ie. !,@,#,$, etc...) which would get me over the 65 hump, but not by much, and it would be a bit cumbersome..you can see the beginnings of this in the selection for slot 7 where there are 11 choices, I had to go to 1-9 plus 0 and A...

The other issue:

I love the bat selector...great work...but i was wondering if you were going to update this anytime and have the bats showing that way you can see what you are choosing..that would make this program even better...but great work and can't wait for a future update

might only be solved by moving to a full GUI based program, which, right now, is out of my league...I'm showing my age here :roll: ...I used to do a lot of DOS and BASIC programming, and that is why I am able to write these batch files, but GUI's are not something I have any experience with. Not that I wouldn't give it go, but right now I don't know where to start.

so the problem would be that if I had a list of 65 bats to choose from for each slot, you would have to select them using 0,1,2,3,4..etc for the first 10, A,B,C...etc for the first 26, then a,b,c...etc for the next 26 and that is only 62

You wouldn't hear me crying over losing 3 bats(red ones). You already went way beyond the call of duty. If you figure something out, keep us updated.

yeah it really is great spittoon i can live without the sambat for now. but you didn't answer my other question. would you possibly give some thought to updating the fielding gloves?

yeah it really is great spittoon i can live without the sambat for now. but you didn't answer my other question. would you possibly give some thought to updating the fielding gloves?

It's not out of the question...I'll see how my time goes over the next couple of weeks...going to work on the bat selector a bit, play a bit, and maybe look at doing some gloves.

that would be great! like i said in the earlier post, i tried pm'ing the author for the templates as per his read me instructions but never got a response. but YOU would definitely be the man for this one. it's a pretty good update as is but i think it could definitely be tweaked.

I'm having the same problem as TC. I am using winRAR. When the file is in the main directory and i try to run it, I get the message anyway.

The batch file looks for the mvp2004.exe file and the /data folder...if it doesn't find it, you get the error message...make sure it got unzipped into the MVP 2004 folder directly, many of those unzipping programs automatically unzip things into a folder , which would be wrong... the files have to be in there with the mvp2004.exe...also, make sure your unzipper unzipped everything, I have solved a couple of problems that way already...for some reason some of the unzippers out there don't unzip completely...maybe they are shy??? :lol:

You should have the following in the main MVP 2004 folder:

/bmps

/fsh

choice.exe

gfxpak.exe

nfshtool.exe

Bat Selector.bat

and all the MVP 2004 stuff...mvp2004.exe, /data, /support etc....

If you can, forward me a message listing everything in your MVP 2004 folder..that might help me.

Archived