MVP 2005 TV Network Selector v. 1.0

Sharpshooter

I know it's not a big deal but I just uploaded this selector which allows the user to select which TV broadcast to use. For example, choosing ESPN will include Trues ESPN overlays and the ESPN music by mlbshowdown2002. The selector takes care of placing the files in the right place. Hope all works well.

The upload is pending approval so hopefully it will be up shortly.

Sounds cool. I really like Trues Overlay Swapper and have always wanted something that will do the audio as well.

By the way, what all ESPN music is there available. All I ever saw was just the one theme. I usually stick to the Fox music because of that one mod that has 2 or 3 different musics in it. Is there an ESPN one that has more than one audio clip?

There is a readme file. The espn audio one is basically the Baseball Tonight theme. You still get the feel for ESPN.

The .bat file is easy to figure out and edit and anyone is welcome to do so. I will eventually be trying to get all the overlays in here. It would be great if the audio modders out there could get the music for each tv network such as YES, NESN, WGN, Comcast, TBS, Turner South, etc. That would really add to the TV broadcast experience when the overlays match the audio. Right now it's basically ESPN and Fox that are ready to go. Those Overlays that are Fox Sports Net are no biggie since the audio should be the same as the Fox Saturday baseball one. I could probably start there first.

For those with dail up connections I may provide the skeleton version and you could always place the files yourself if you already have them on our computer. It's rather easy to do. I will provide instructions.

The ESPN and FOX themes are included, thus the 10MB download. I also included the Original, but it is not really the original from the stock. I explain it in detail in the readme.
It worked great Sharpshooter. Thanks a lot. It was very easy to edit to add more. Thanks a lot.

Right Click the .bat file and choose edit.

See if you can make sense of the commands. It's easy to figure out. If you can't, you should probably not mess with it. I will be adding more in the future.

One thing you can do if you would like to add the Bay area overlay is just extract the files from the Bay area overlay and place them inside the "Original" folder and overwrite the files. Then you can just run the .bat file and click on option 1 and your Bay area overlays will be there with the Fox audio since I do have that audio as the original.

I just decided to open up the batch and poke around to see just how complicated it was. I guess that Java Programming Course I took last year paid off because even though it wasn't hard code I flew through and now your selecter is programmed for 10 different Overlays and sounds.

So it just adds to how good of an idea this was!

I just uploaded an update. I fixed a minor problem that deals with the igcsr file. For those who have version 1.0 installed, get the update (v. 1.5). It is a small download since I'm only including the .bat file. Thanks to aukevin for pointing out the minor flaw.

For those who have manually edited the .bat file to include more overlays, just change the last word on the lines that deal with the igcsr file from frontend to igshapes.

I just uploaded an update. I fixed a minor problem that deals with the igcsr file. For those who have version 1.0 installed, get the update (v. 1.5). It is a small download since I'm only including the .bat file. Thanks to aukevin for pointing out the minor flaw.

For those who have manually edited the .bat file to include more overlays, just change the last word on the lines that deal with the igcsr file from frontend to igshapes.

I made the same error today in a overlay I submitted and the user aromega called it to my attention. I thought I had remembered seeing you had it the same way. I'm glad we have other people checking our stuff out for us :)

Sounds great, but I get an error when I try to run the .bat file:

16 bit MS-DOS subsystem

C:windowssystem32cmd.exe

C:windowssystem32autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

----------

I saved all the files in my MVP Baseball 2005 directory, and created a shortcut of the .bat file on my desktop, but I did not work.

Anybody got an idea to make it work?

Make sure you are double clicking the .bat file and not the file called "choice". I'm not sure what else could the problem be.

what are your computer specs by the way?

I am sure I double-clicked the right file..

specs:

Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz

Nvidia Geforce4 Ti4600

80 GB hard disk

Game played fine until I tried your mod. I attached picture of my desktop after I clicked 'close', maybe i helps..game does not play anymore, I can get it to load but then it doesn't go any further.

Gee, I'm sorry to hear that you are still having trouble. It seems like you are doing everything right. All the files are in the right place. Did you edit the .bat file by any chance?

Have you tried v. 1.5? I made three line changes there. I'll look into more tonight.

Archived