crashing

Padres67

Has anyone else had a problem with the game crashing when the 2 teams are getting ready to play each other in dynasty-as the game is loading-usually occurs just as the camera spans the ballfield-strange happens every other game.

I assume you are speaking of *61. I am 14 games into a Dyanasty and I am using tywiggins exporter/importer utility to switch controlled teams between each game.

I have had the game crash twice immediately after selecting the stadium and hitting "advance(?)" to start loading the game. It doesn't even appear to begin to load the game and crashes immediately.

Restarting it has corrected this crash each time and the same game plays to completion each time. I make certain I am using the same lineups; jerseys & stadiums just to check if it has anything to do with those.

I am not sure what has caused this to suddenly start happening and I am not saying it is tywiggins exporter/importer but that appears to be the only thing different that I can identify. I had played well into several Dynasties before without any crashing at all.

I will also check out the Cleveland Municipal problem you mentioned earlier.

Give me some specifics of teams and stadiums that you notice this crash on as well as any utilities you perhaps are using.

Thanks,

Don

Yes sorry-the new '61 mod-reds/cubs at crosley, cards/braves at turner, dodgers/phillies at L. A.-all in dynasty play. I started the game again and it worked the second time on L. A. I didnt try it on the other 2.

What I mean by using tywiggins team switcher is that you said you played:

reds/cubs at crosley, cards/braves at turner, dodgers/phillies at L. A.-all in dynasty play

Now that could mean that you either have 3 separate Dyansties going on simultaneously or else you are using the utility made by tywiggins that allows you to switch the controlled team during Dynasty play because you list 6 separate teams above.

If you do have 3 Dynasties going at the same time then we probably have a different problem than the one I suspected at first.

Thanks,

Don

What I am about to say has not been completely verified/proven, even by me, but the times I have experienced the most unusual types of crashes with MVP 2005 was when I had several Dynasties going at once.

This lead me to believe that it possibly had something to do with how the stats are kept up todate for each Dynasty and having multiple Dynasties would cause a possible memory leak or memory overlay condition causing a crash at different times during a game but usually when a hit occurred.

Thus I quite having multiple Dynasties going at once and these crashes seemed to go away completely - at least that is how it appeared to me.

Now I am using this Controlled Team switcher utility which could possibly invoke some of the same logic that multiple Dynasties does and such I am once again experiencing crashes occasionally.

Of course all of this is just my assessment of the situation and I could and probably am totally wrong.

But I am going to go back to a Single Dynasty (deleting all others first then create 1 single new one and only have 1 Dynasty file available at a time) and see if these crashes disappear.

I only know during all our testing for over a month I never had any crashes and now they are appearing - although infrequent they still are appearing since I started switching controlled teams which would be the same concept of switching between two or more Dynasties I would imagine.

Please keep me up to date on how your situation is progressing, digressing what ever and I will do the same on this end.

Thanks,

Don

Thanks I will keep one dynasty and see if that helps. The Dodgers are 5-2 after 7 games. I am going to play 154 games and whoever has the best record will be the pennant winner and will play the best record of the A. L. to make it more realistic. By the way I recently purchased the '65 World series highlights from rare baseball films co. It is narrated by Vin Scully and is completely in color-great shots of old metropolitan in color.

I have just about every Rare Sports Films that has anything to do with the '60s. I find them to be very well done. Better than those produced by the MLB Series at least. But '65 World Series must be a new one because I don't have that one and it isn't listed in their catalogue I recently received - unless I just missed it. The ones I have from them are:

Summer of '57

Summer of '58

World Series '58

World Series '59

World Series '60

World Series '61

World Series '62

Lone Gone (Phillies '64)

World Series '69

Cubs vs Phillies full game '69

Then in the MLB Series I have:

Cardinals (64,67,68);

Dodgers (59,63,65)

Yankees '61

100 Years of the World Series

The most recent set I've gotten are very very good. Produced by Jerry McNeil from Great American Pastimes Company. They are:

Baseball in the News 1951-1955

Baseball in the News 1956-1960

Baseball in the News 1961-1967

They are basically the Sports News Reels clips. What I like about them are they are not edited and show it like it truly was in those News Reels.

I have several other sets as well. I actually try to buy any and all DVDs regarding Major League Baseball in the '60s I can find. I guess I have about 30+ or so of them all together plus a collection of well over 150 original Baseball Magazines from that era. Good stuff for research plus I actually enjoy reading them especially while I was doing the *61 project I reread every one of my 1961 magazines plus those in '62 that referenced back to the '61 Season.

Take Care,

Don

Wow-you really are a 50's, 60's fan. Those are my 2 favorite eras-especially the '60's. I just typed in rare baseball videos in google and it popped up-it came in 3 days. I also got the The Brooklyn Dodgers 50th anniversary 2 disc set-it was only $29.00-several hours of great stuff on the '55 Dodgers. I have a long ways to go to catch up to you. Was wondering if you were married? My wife doesn't understand my fascination with this.

Yes, I have been married to My Bride for over 30 years.

She knew my love for the Strat-O-Matic baseball board game when we first were married. She would actually sort out the boxes and boxes of Strat cards I had accumilated and place them into stakes of correct teams and rubber band them for me while I was at work.

She was the one that bought me my first actual computer baseball game for the Comodore 64 that she saw advertised in a magazine. It was simply called "Computer Baseball". I even was modding those rosters in short order.

Still today she likes to see me enjoy this game, even to the degree that I spend enormous hours involved with it. Her only complaint is the noise. So I have compromised and now use ear phones when she is up. But then from around 11PM to 3AMish or so I can blare them speakers as loud as I want.

My four kids also understand my love for this whole experience and they fully support me as well. In fact, most of my father's day, birthday & Christmas gifts or generally associated with my love for oldtime baseball from the '60s.

I am " 1 " lucky Sucker I think!

Take Care,

Don

Indeed you are-I dont have that support-well my son helps me install all these-but he isnt a real fan-he just understands my enjoyment-my wife thinks I spend too much time on it. But its a hobby-better than sitting in front of the boob tube I say.

Okay, guys, I was just perusing the sight because I 've had a crash happen to me 6 times in a row with the same game, similar to yours, right in the middle of a hit, one of my dynasties.

The thing is I am attached to my dynasties. I have eliminated one that I discovered was on my other log-on that is not used anymore, but on this log-on, I have two great dynasties I like to use. Have I exprerienced crashes before like this one, you ask, well no, not that many on the same game (Detroit against the Yanks), before I used to fix it by using a different ballpark and it went away (the crashes), so I didn't really worry about it, but now it is refusing go away even after switching ball parks several times.........

So, I got to thinking about your idea and maybe I could just move the file of the dynasty out of the folder it normally is accessed from, but then technially it didn't really make sence, (like Computers do? LOL)..... "what if I stored another install on an external hard drive?" I thought. It still may not work, because when you log on, it knows to look for the file in "My Documents" folder, which an external drive doesn't have. So, then I started hoping someone who knows where if any info on this topic could be found (inside this site).

Am I making complete nonsence?

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to add some input to this issue, although it may not be real helpful yet. I get these crashes too, from time to time. I'm not using the team/switcher. At first I thought it was the stadium selections causing it, but that turned out not to be the case, as I was able to restart the game, then there was no crash. I haven't seen a pattern. It just decides to crash sometimes when I hit play from the stadium select screen. I just reload and go. I figured it may just come with the territory, after making big mods like this?

BTW, I do have MVP installed on an internal and external drive, to answer the question above. It still references your My Documents folder.

What I am about to say has not been completely verified/proven, even by me, but the times I have experienced the most unusual types of crashes with MVP 2005 was when I had several Dynasties going at once.

This lead me to believe that it possibly had something to do with how the stats are kept up todate for each Dynasty and having multiple Dynasties would cause a possible memory leak or memory overlay condition causing a crash at different times during a game but usually when a hit occurred.

Thus I quite having multiple Dynasties going at once and these crashes seemed to go away completely - at least that is how it appeared to me.

Now I am using this Controlled Team switcher utility which could possibly invoke some of the same logic that multiple Dynasties does and such I am once again experiencing crashes occasionally.

Of course all of this is just my assessment of the situation and I could and probably am totally wrong.

But I am going to go back to a Single Dynasty (deleting all others first then create 1 single new one and only have 1 Dynasty file available at a time) and see if these crashes disappear.

I only know during all our testing for over a month I never had any crashes and now they are appearing - although infrequent they still are appearing since I started switching controlled teams which would be the same concept of switching between two or more Dynasties I would imagine.

Please keep me up to date on how your situation is progressing, digressing what ever and I will do the same on this end.

Thanks,

Don

Instead of deleting the dynasty, just copy your database directory to another folder, then start the 2nd dynasty. Then, when you want to play the 1st dynasty again, copy it back.

I had "61 crash, got to select stadium, then hit the advance to start the game and it went to windows.

1. Was in Exhibition mode

2. Did not select any altered or saved games, straight game

3. Sometimes when it crashed to windows it re-arranged the icons on my desk top.

any clues?

And do you think that since EA Sports no longer makes MVP baseball that they will open source it to help us out a ton?

Was it a modded stadium or stock in game stadium. Some modded stadiums will crash your game if you don't have the resources available to accomodate all the graphical changes and increase in size.

Also, your game could crash if you do not have all the updated cyberfaces in the models.big file...make sure you have the '61 models.big file in your data directory.

And no, EA will not release source code. Ever.

C

Archived