Question for team creators - Where do I find player info?

Jim825

The other day, I made a request for a 1978 Red Sox package to complement the 1978 Yankees package that was recently created by FuzzOne and Yanks763. Today, I was "talking" with Yanks763 and he asked me if I would be interested in creating the roster .met file for the '78 Red Sox package, since he was almost finished with the portraits.

I told him that I was reluctant because although I could find general batting information for the players, I wasn't sure where to find specific information for MVPEdit such as batting vs. lefties, batting vs. righties, hot spots, cold spots, any of the "chase", "take" or "miss" values, contact, power, percentages of where players hit balls (LF, RF, CF, grounders, fly balls, etc.), any of the ratings information (speed, discipline, bunting, throw strength, etc.), etc. :shock:

To those who have created teams, where have you found this specific information for each player? If it proves that the task isn't as daunting as it initially seems, I might be willing to tackle this project (and who knows, maybe more teams).

Any input, feedback, or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.....

Actually, someone told me in another post that all of this information is available in the Lahman database (all the way back to 1881!). After downloading the Lahman database, you can import teams into MVPEdit. I tried it and was amazed to see all of the information filled in for each player on the team.

yea but i wonder if it is done accurately. I think that the editor may take the numbers and do a default lefty righty split. there is no way these numbers are available back to 1881..they don't even have the caught stealing nnumbers for the NL from the 1930's and back. The editor probably splits the numbers on a default caculation.

Archived