Batting Stances and Animations Progject

Syxxo

Ok so you're asking yourself how in the hell are we going to do this? Well it isn't going to be easy and it's going to take more than me so here's what i'm asking. Basically i'm looking for a good 3D Modeller besides myself and I definatley need somebody w/ Animation experience. Once you get into the animations.big file you'll notice all the batting stances (i.e. SIGB0000.atx, SIGB0001.atx) with there designated .ord and .orl files. So far I haven't been able to convert these o files properly for use in OEdit, so i'm in the process of getting the 3D Program Maya which supposedly works very well w/ EA models. I'm figuring we can take a batting stance in game as a template and edit the skeleton's stance, and give it a little animation and boom we have a new batting stance, then we can figure out how to get it in game and get MVPEdit to help us get it working as well. Sounds like a long shot but it _CAN_ be done with the right knowledge and the right people to help get this project on the liftoff, drop me a line on AIM screename (itz6pac) or e-mail me at (itz6pac@aol.com) let me know if you're interested, i'd love to fool around with this until we figure out how to get these things some animation, we might be able to get every player in the game signature batting stances w/ a little editing, and animation and glass's mvpedit to designate the player his animation. We'll figure out a way, just those interested drop me a line and we'll go from there, i'm tired it's 1am and I can't stop thinking about how neat it would be to get this going.

-syxxo

*UPDATE*

Currently having trouble properly converting the .ord and .orl to work in OEdit. Says the .o doesn't contain proper mesh information. If somebody breaks through with this let me know. I need to get these available to edit in 3D Studio or Maya. OIFTools should let us do this, but I also need to get the proper MVP Baseball plug-in for OIF. Not sure if we can export to 3DS in OEdit, and if we can....we need to get those .ord and .orl files converted and working correctly. Sorry just trying to work my way through this like a scientist =

do you have the specific ord2o file for mvp baseball?

The regular ord2o file I use says there's a "mesh" problem, the MVP Baseball 2003 file says "Unsupported .o file" when you try an open it, so it's hard to tell which is the right one, lol.

*UPDATE*

Currently having trouble properly converting the .ord and .orl to work in OEdit. Says the .o doesn't contain proper mesh information. If somebody breaks through with this let me know. I need to get these available to edit in 3D Studio or Maya. OIFTools should let us do this, but I also need to get the proper MVP Baseball plug-in for OIF. Not sure if we can export to 3DS in OEdit, and if we can....we need to get those .ord and .orl files converted and working correctly. Sorry just trying to work my way through this like a scientist =

hey i had that problem editing faces, did you try exporting the ord and orl out of bigGUI?

I had the same error when exporting the face files frome EAgraph, then I tried BigGUI and it worked,

try that it may work, Good LUCk with project sounds awesome!

Archived