MVPEDIT - change manager stuff and crash?

capa

I have been trying to change the manager information for our oldtime roster set and when I select a new face, the editor crashes. I am using the latest and greatest version...anyone have any ideas?

Is Robert still around (RGlass)?

C

I noticed this today as well. It appears that you can edit any information except the face number (e.g. I was able to make Billy Martin the manager when I imported in the recent '78 Yankees package, but I didn't change the face number).

I noticed this today as well. It appears that you can edit any information except the face number (e.g. I was able to make Billy Martin the manager when I imported in the recent '78 Yankees package, but I didn't change the face number).

If you have Robert's ear ask him if he can release a new version with this one fix...

C

I got a message from Robert the other day and he said that he has no near-term plans to update MVPEdit.

I was playing around today, and I did find a way change the manager face number.

1. Click on the "Team" button and then the "Manager" tab.

2. Edit all of the manager information EXCEPT the face number.

3. Export the roster. This will update the .dat files.

4. Exit out of MVPEdit.

5. Go to the folder where your roster files are and open up the file "manager.dat" with a text editor.

6. Go to the line that has your manager's name and the 8th parameter on the line (the one after the text ",7 ") is the face number.

7. Change the value to the desired face, save your changes and exit out of the text editor.

8. To see the change in MVPEdit, re-import the rosters back into MVPEdit.

I tried this today and it seems to work.

It's in the C:Program FilesEA SportsMVP Baseball 2004data folder. As I said, edit everything except for the face number inside MVPEdit, export the files, and then edit the manager.dat file with the text editor.

Archived