MVP06 Franchise Creator

PolishJoe

Hello all,

I would like to officially "announce" that I've released my MVP06 Franchise Creator. Along with the application file, Hory was also kind enough to allow me to package it up with his 2006 Schedule Mod - one that differs from the one hosted in the file section here.

However, there are some things to add before I bust out in parade-fashion.

First, for liability purposes, the file is not hosted on MVPMods. Instead, it's currently hosted on my little site - My MVP Baseball.

Secondly, because this file is in no way associated with MVPMods, (at least any "bad" parts of the mod :wink: , I do ask that you refrain from posting any support questions or anything like that on this site. I don't think it would be fair to Trues to release something and then have him have to moderate threads about something out of his control.

If you do have any feedback or support questions, please refer to this thread for dropping comments.

Finally, if you do decide to download this mod, I kindly ask that you leave a review in the proper section after downloading. Though you do not have to leave a 5 Star Review, anything that you can add would be appreciated. Because I'm limited in bandwidth, offering feedback might deter "wasted" downloads. 8)

To download the file, follow the link below, (*external link)

MVP06 Franchise Creator

Also, a HUGE thanks to both Hory & Krawhitham for everything - from advice to enhancements to being unfortunate guineas. :roll:

Thanks!

I'm not too sure I should go into details or anything, (no offense intended - honest), but I think it's because the mod's skeleton is actually based off of MVP's application file.

Unlike copyright violations, modifying and redistributing the game's executable is a bit sensitive. While modding the executable is fully within the owner's rights, distributing it could be seen as another story if EA could prove that it is experiencing loss of revenue or anything.

Plus, on my EA Jukebox mod which, in theory could violate copyright laws, there's a disclaimer stating that anyone with the MVP06 Soundtrack can legally own the mod. Now whether or not that's the case.... :roll:

In short, any other infringements can be waived since there are always some who can claim legit ownership. But, with this mod, it's a bit different because software accounting sucks! :evil:

Yeppa Yeppa.

Actually, kind of...

The application part goes into the directory you stated. The Schedule part goes into:

C:Program FilesEA SportsMVP Baseball 2005datadatabase

Just be sure you backup the schedule before inserting the one in the download.

I didn't receive that message myself, so I just went to the laptop on my porch. I went to download it and couldn't even to that! :evil: I just got a blank page that said "Done."

I just got my ticket back from my web host. It appears that they wiped my file off because it exceeded the "Free Web Site" file limit size, (500KB). But, I just reuploaded it now that I've paid and I am able to download it properly now. 8)

Sorry about that screwup. I guess it was my fault for uploading a file that broke the limit. I just though the limit thing meant I couldn't share the file - not that I couldn't store it there. :?

Archived