[B]Rookie Dbacks Dynasty[/B]

Hey MvP Pro's....Ime just starting my first ever dynasty after downloading all the recommended mods etc, and was wondering if anyone might have help for a rookie..Im playing on flat out all-star level because that seems a decent challenge to me.

+Should i arrange all the lineups and changes myself or let the 'CPU optimise rosters'? I dont want a team full of unhappy players UNLESS we lose all the time?

+Should i make instant changes to my rosters, or test the waters with the players ive got first?

+Are there any good relief pitchers at the start of the game(using total minors 04) because my bullpen stinks bad.

+Lastly, anyone know any super-duper prospects worth grabbing for early, The Dbacks start out old and very Rj and Gonzo orientated money wise..I Figure it might be good to get very young and very early.

Any help anyone can offer this rookie would be appreciated.

**God bless EA sports for making this wonderful game, and GOD bless all the MODS that make this game better, more realistic and iron out the bugs**

+Should i arrange all the lineups and changes myself or let the 'CPU optimise rosters'? I dont want a team full of unhappy players UNLESS we lose all the time?

+Should i make instant changes to my rosters, or test the waters with the players ive got first?

+Are there any good relief pitchers at the start of the game(using total minors 04) because my bullpen stinks bad.

+Lastly, anyone know any super-duper prospects worth grabbing for early, The Dbacks start out old and very Rj and Gonzo orientated money wise..I Figure it might be good to get very young and very early.

1. Arrange them yourself. CPU optimize messes things up big time.

2. Test out the players you already have.

3. Sorry, can't help you there.

4. Same as above (I don't use total minors unfortunately, since my dynasty began awhile agao and I really don't feel like restarting).

giving you tips in the minors kinda ruins all the fun of the game. go play some games with the roster you have and dont use Cpu optomize youll end up with a very uncablance team.

after you play say 1month go scout AAA and AA players and see whos doing good, look at their attributes and go from there. i most fun part of AAA and AA is finding those Gems who can become stars. trush me in my dynasty i have about 6 guys i called up from my AAA team all doing good.

Cool Thanks, i will, i guess you are right about the whole minor league prospect scouting and stuff...Though the one problem i have with not using cpu optimise..Is how to set my various lineups..can anyone give help as to what i should consider when setting the lineup IE what kind of player should be in each spot.

Regards

the ONLY english dbacks fan

though I'm not much of a baseball wizard myself, I can give you some advice when it comes to the line ups. When you click line up then you'll see which line up you're dealing with i.e. LHP W/DH ( lefthanded pitchers with designated hitter ). Look at your players' attributes when it comes to left handed pitchers. You'll see their power, contact and their hot/cold zone at the top of the screen. You're number 1 spot should be someone fast and reliable; a guy that can get on base and can steal a bag. The 3, 4, and 5 spots form the heart of your line up. Most of the times these are the guys that can hit the ball very well and occasionally very far. For example, guys like Guerrero, Thome and Sosa are # 3 spot hitters. Depending on your roster, it's nice to have some above average hitter lower in the line up. A solid hitter at 7 or 8 and perhaps another fast guy at 9 to keep the pressure on the opposing pitcher(s). This is not always the case for most teams, but try to see if you can get some balance in your line up; make a good mix of power hitters, guys hitting for average and speed. You can always call up a prospect from your AAA team or see if you can trade a player of course, if you're not satisfied.

Good Luck

Archived