Using MVP Edit for players exclusive to TC5

jchorneau

Having trouble finding the players to edit inside MVP Edit. If I import a file, what automatically opens is the "data" folder under MVP 2005 folder. Then it asks me to save it as a .mbe file, but when I do, I do not find any of the players exclusive to TC5, like McGuire, Conseco, etc........ Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Okay, so I should report that your suggestion did not work, importing C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datadatabase only yields the same thing.....MVP 2005 players and teams, not TC5 players and teams.

That should have worked. If you want to verify that the players are there, go to your datadatabase folder and open up the attrib.dat file with a text editor (Notepad, Textpad, etc.). Hank Aaron should be near the top of the file. You can also search for Canseco and he should show up. If you do not see these players, then the TC5 rosters are not installed in the folder like you thought.

Ay, yai, yai,

my bad.................when I import the last folder to point to, "database", must be double-clicked on to open it, I 've got them now, thanks so much!

muy bien.

Glad to hear that you've got it working, but it does raise another issue. If you do not have the database folder opened, then MVPEdit will try to import files from your "data" folder. If it is successful in importing the 2005 players and teams, then that means that you have a set of rosters in your "data" folder. These files shouldn't be there! Did you intentionally copy rosters to the "data" folder?

Not at any time have I ever copied rosters to my game folder, yet I can peek and see that they are there in the data folder, guilty as charged, officer, but it wasn't me, honest

And I have not a explanation for this. Strange?

Not at any time have I ever copied rosters to my game folder, yet I can peek and see that they are there in the data folder, guilty as charged, officer, but it wasn't me, honest

And I have not a explanation for this. Strange?

Did you ever edit the default rosters with MVPEdit? The only explanation I can think of is that you mistakenly exported them to the data folder rather than the datadatabase folder. That would explain the .dat files being there.

It's also a lot easier to just import the .mbe file from Ultimate Rosters v.x.x and then export to the /data folder as .dat files.

The files need to go into the datadatabase folder. If you export them to the data folder, they will not show up in the game. Also, the Ultimate Rosters have nothing to do with Total Classics.....

Well, that makes sense, since my orginal question was explaining that exact thing, only importing from there data folder, and yes, I followed through and exported them to data folder. But that is just a copy, the original are in database folder. I should get rid of those files, huh?

Well, that makes sense, since my orginal question was explaining that exact thing, only importing from there data folder, and yes, I followed through and exported them to data folder. But that is just a copy, the original are in database folder. I should get rid of those files, huh?

It doesn't hurt to keep the files there, other than taking up disk space. The game will never access them. It is good to have a backup of your rosters someplace. If you ever make a mistake when editing them, you'll have a way to restore your previous rosters.

Archived