Smokey Joe and Three Finger

Darkslide820

I originally had this posted in the FanFareGames.com forum, but no one was answering. If this sounds familiar, that's why.

I was thinking about making "Smokey" Joe Wood and Mordecai "Three Finger" Brown for my All-Time Red Sox and Cubs rosters. I'm going to give Smokey Joe the fastball stats of Walter Johnson, 'cause Walter himself said that no one throws faster than Smokey Joe. But does anyone have any ideas as to what else I'd give to these guys? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I originally had this posted in the FanFareGames.com forum, but no one was answering. If this sounds familiar, that's why.

I was thinking about making "Smokey" Joe Wood and Mordecai "Three Finger" Brown for my All-Time Red Sox and Cubs rosters. I'm going to give Smokey Joe the fastball stats of Walter Johnson, 'cause Walter himself said that no one throws faster than Smokey Joe. But does anyone have any ideas as to what else I'd give to these guys? Thanks

Brown - Overhand Curve, Fastball, Slow Ball (Change up): curve breaks sharply downward and outward. Curve was def his best pitch, but fastball had a lot of movement on it too.

Wood - Fastball, Curve, Slow ball (Change). Thorws predominantly FB with curve about 10% of the time. Throws overhand. Not great control on Changeup. Fastball is main weapon.

All info from Neyer/James Guide to Pitchers.

C

Brown - Overhand Curve, Fastball, Slow Ball (Change up): curve breaks sharply downward and outward. Curve was def his best pitch, but fastball had a lot of movement on it too.

Wood - Fastball, Curve, Slow ball (Change). Thorws predominantly FB with curve about 10% of the time. Throws overhand. Not great control on Changeup. Fastball is main weapon.

All info from Neyer/James Guide to Pitchers.

C

Is there a way to remove a 4-seam fastball and replace it with a 2FB or Cutter? As you said, it seems that his finger situation would put movement on an attempted regular fastball.

This book sounds good. Can I buy it at Borders or B&N?

Is there a way to remove a 4-seam fastball and replace it with a 2FB or Cutter? As you said, it seems that his finger situation would put movement on an attempted regular fastball.

This book sounds good. Can I buy it at Borders or B&N?

If you use MVPEDIT you can change the pitches...but I am not sure if you can replace pitch number 1 with anything else but a Fastball. I don't remember. The best you might be able to do is add pitch 2 as 2 seamer with movement at abou 8 or 10.

The book is out of print I believe. Your best bet is to go to amazon.com or borders.com and see if they can find it. That's how I got mine...through amazon.

C

• 3 weeks later...

Archived