Built from Within: A New York Mets dynasty

tejdog1

I'm a big believer of building through the farm, so that's what I'll be doing in my first posted dynasty. I made one trade before I began:

Victor Zambrano, AAA RP Heath Bell, AA RP Steve Schmoll to TB for SP Scott Kazmir, A SP Jeff Niemann (I suffer from a disease Mets fans call Kazmiritis, and I will NEVER NEVER NEVER start a dynasty without getting him back :oops:)

Here is my 25 man MLB roster:

Lineup:

Jose Reyes - SS

Paul Lo Duca - C

Carlos Beltran - CF

Carlos Delgado - 1B

David Wright - 3B

Cliff Floyd - LF

Xavier Nady - RF

Jose Valentin - 2B

Rotation:

Tom Glavine

Steve Trachsel

Scott Kazmir

Orlando Hernandez

Pedro Martinez

Bench:

UTIL Eli Marrero

UTIL Chris Woodward

C Ramon Castro

OF Endy Chavez

Bullpen:

LRP Darren Oliver

LRP Henry Owens

MRP Chad Bradford

MRP Pedro Feliciano

SETUP: Duaner Sanchez

SETUP: Aaron Heilman

CLP: Billy Wagner

All the settings are unadjusted from the first time out of the box. Game one shortly

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know how to use Boxscore Extractor, so I did the Mets manually. I'll be attaching the boxscores as a seperate file if you wanna download them. :)

Game 1

New York Mets @ Cincinnati Reds

Tom Glavine (0-0) versus Aaron Harang (0-0)

Jose Reyes (ss) 3 for 5, run, 2 Ks, .600, 3 SB (3)

Paul Lo Duca © 1 for 4, run, BB, 2 Ks, .250

Carlos Beltran (cf) 1 for 3, run, HR, 2 RBI, BB, K, .333

Carlos Delgado (1b) 0 for 2

David Wright (3b) 1 for 3, BB, K, .333

Cliff Floyd (lf) 0 for 2, BB

Xavier Nady (rf) 0 for 1

Jose Valentin (2b) 0 for 1

Tom Glavine (sp) 0 for 2; 6 IP, 2 hits, 0 ER, 3 Ks, 3 BBs, 0.00 era, W (1-0)

Henry Owens (rp) 2 IP, 1 hit, 1 BB, 3 Ks, 0.00 era

Aaron Heilman (rp) 1 perfect inning, K, 0.00 era

OK - I can't figure out how to use the Boxscore Extractor :( Does it work if you manage games? Any help would be appreciated...

Mets 4, Reds 5

Staked to an early 3 run lead, Steve Trachsel allowed 5 runs, all earned, in 7 innings. Carlos Delgado homered in the top of the third, behind Lo Duca's single and Beltran's double, but Trachsel could not protect the lead. Trachsel (0-1), allowed 2 runs in the bottom of the third, 2 more in the 6th, and one in the 7th. Jose Valentin singled to lead off the top of the 9th inning, but Reds closer Todd Coffee retired pinch hitter Julio Franco, Jose Reyes and Paul Lo Duca to preserve the win for Cincinnati.

Up next:

Scott Kazmir (0-0) versus Eric Milton (0-0)

Game #3:

Mets 7, Reds 1

Jose Reyes singled to lead off the game, stole second and third, and scored on Paul Lo Duca's single. In the top of the fourth, Xavier Nady singled, and Reyes hit a 2 out 2 run homer to give the Mets a 3-0 lead. Jose Reyes followed the same formula in the top of the seventh, singling to lead off, and then stealing second and third. Lo Duca singled, driving Reyes in and extending the Mets lead to 4-0. In the eighth inning, reliever David Weathers loaded the bases by allowing back to back hits to the 6 and 7 hitters, Eli Marrero and Xavier Nady, and walking Jose Valentin. Scott Kazmir, having thrown 7 shutout innings, was allowed to stay in the game and executed a suicide squeeze, giving New York a 5-0 lead. Jose Reyes singled to reload the bases, and Lo Duca drove in two with a single of his own. Beltran struck out to end the inning. Kazmir tired over the final two innings, but had enough to make the pitches when he had to, and pitched a complete game, surrendering one run and 9 hits. He walked 2 and struck out 6.

I've never used Box Score Extractor but seing there is a Mets dynasty - (I was going to do one) I'll follow, and I'll be doing a Royals dynasty instead =) - try to read the original thread for Box Score Extractor help.. I'm pretty sure it's an easy tool..

Err.. I'll do my best to explain how to use the Boxscore extractor.

1st) Finish a game.

2nd) When you see the pages where it displays the two starters and their line scores, hit ctrl+alt + del.

I hvae my boxscore extractor file in my MVP file so go there and double click on it. It gives you two options of having a box score template done by wiggin and one by kraw (both are pretty nice.) press 1 for wiggins and anything else for kraws. After you enter the #, click enter. Keep on following the directions and you'll be set. If you still need more info, just reply here. Hope that helps.

LOL, sorry. You can do one, too ;) I'm sure we'll be following entirely different formulas.

pretty much, but I like how you traded for Kazmir I'm still killing myself because of that stupid trade.

Imagine

Pedro

Glavine

Kazmir

Pelfrey

Hernandez/Trachsel/Maine

and that is if Pelfrey reaches his potential, that's a steady rotation but it won't happen, only on your dynasty :lol: which gives me another reason to follow.

Wow - it takes forever to work, lol. Which I suppose is cool. Let's see if I can handle the coding for this picture now ;)

I don't have a site to host it, lol. I'll just attach it, see if that works.

Ugh, it won't let me post html attachments.

Help?

Game 4, Mets @ Braves

Orlando "El Duque Hernandez" vs Horacio Ramirez

The Mets jumped all over Braves starter Horacio Ramirez, scoring 5 in the first. Catcher Paul Lo Duca singled, Carlos Beltran tripled him home. Walks to Delgado and Wright loaded the bases, and Eli Marrero, filling in for the suspended Cliff Floyd, hit a bases clearing triple of his own. Xavier Nady grounded out to score Marrero, and Jose Valentin struck out to end the inning. The Mets chased Ramirez in the 3rd, scoring one run. David Wright singled, Marrero doubled and Nady grounded out, plating the Mets 6th run. The Mets scored 4 more times, and the big lead allowed manager Tejesh Patel to leave El Duque in for the complete game. The Mets run their record to 3-1, the Braves fall to 1-3.

Game #5, Mets @ Braves

Pedro Martinez (0-0) vs Chuck James (0-0)

Jose Reyes singled to lead off the game, stole second and third, and scored on Carlos Delgado's single.

"It's amazing", manager Tejesh Patel said, "Whenever he gets on base, he scores. He's got phenominal speed."

In the top of the 2nd, Jose Valentin walked, and then, to the shock of the entire planet, Pedro Martinez hit a 2 run shot to right, giving himself a 3-0 lead.

"I saw the ball well that at bat. I told David Wright I would hit one before him." Martinez joked.

"Luckily, we didn't bet anything." Wright countered.

In the 5th, Carlos Beltran singled to lead it off, and, imitating Jose Reyes, stole second and third for his 3rd and 4th stolen bases of the game. Wright walked, Delgado doubled, moving Wright to third and scoring Beltran. Nady and Marrero grounded out, plating two more runs and signalling the end for Chuck James night. Oscar Villareal came on to surrender a single to Ramon Castro, who was giving regular catcher Paul Lo Duca the day off. Valentin struck out swinging, ending the inning. Satisfied with 6 innings from his ace, Tejesh brought in Henry Owens in a 7-3 game.

"We're hoping to see if Owens can become our second setup man, because we really want to move Aaron Heilman into the starting rotation." Tejesh said. Owens responded, throwing 3 shutout innings in relief, surrendering one hit and striking out two. The Mets cruised to a 10-3 win, scoring 3 in the 9th to ice it.

Game 6, Mets @ Braves

Former teammates square off as Tom Glavine (1-0; 0.00era) faces John Smoltz (0-1;3.68)

The Mets, as has been their habit early this season, jumped out to a 1-0 lead, scoring in the top of the 2nd. David Wright walked, took 2nd on left fielder Endy Chavez' swinging bunt, took third on a fly ball that Ryan Langerhans muffed for an error, and scored on Jose Valentin's sac fly.

Three doubles in the bottom of the 2nd plated two runs for Atlanta. Catcher Brian McCann and pitcher John Smoltz went back to back to lead off the inning, tying the game at 1. After two outs, Chipper Jones, perennial Met killer, doubled to score Smoltz and give the Braves a 2-1 lead.

In the 8th inning, Paul Lo Duca singled, Beltran walked, and Delgado singled to score Lo Duca and tie the game at 2 and 2. David Wright hit into a 4-5-3 double play to end the inning. Reliever Chad Bradford came on and retired the first batter to face him, but then allowed a 1 out double to Edgar Renteria, and a single to (who else) Chipper Jones, giving Atlanta a 3-2 lead, and providing the margin of victory. The Mets fall to 4-2, and the Braves are 2-4.

the name Tejesh sounds awfully familiar - do you roam any other message boards?

1. Mets offical message board

2. Matchbox 20 message board

3. Rob Thomas message board

4. Kryptonsite message board

5. Tabitha's Secret message board

Game 7: Mets Home Opener vs Houston Astros

Roy Oswalt (0-1; 4.05) vs Steve Trachsel (0-1; 6.43)

Matching zeroes into the bottom of the 5th, Oswalt cracked first, allowing a three straight singles to Xavier Nady, Chris Woodward (giving Jose Valentin a day off) and Steve Trachsel, putting the Mets up 1-0. The Astros got the first two on in the top of the 6th, but Trachsel bore down and got a timely double play to escape trouble, and that was the last time the Astros would threaten. Trachsel went 7 innings, before yielding to Duaner Sanchez, making his first appearance of the season. Sanchez pitched an inning, only issuing a walk, and Wagner came on for his first appearance of the season, pitching a perfect 9th with 2 strikeouts.

Mets 5-2; Astros 2-4

Game 8: Astros @ Mets

Roger Clemens (1-0; 0.00) vs Scott Kazmir (1-0; 1.00)

The Mets had a tremendous scoring opportunity in the bottom of the 2nd inning, loading the bases with no outs on 3 singles, but second baseman Jose Valentin hit into a triple play, ending the rally. In the bottom of the sixth, Carlos Beltran singled with one out, and then stole second, and third, and scored when Tejesh Patel called for a squeeze with Carlos Delgado up.

"At that point in the game, you just have to tie it up." Tejesh said. "Roger is a great pitcher, a hall of famer, and the way he was dealing, I felt tying it was something we needed to do."

In the top of the 8th, the Astros loaded the bases on 2 singles and a hit by pitch, but Craig Biggio struck out, ending that threat, and leaving the game tied at 1. In the bottom of the inning, Jose Reyes led off with a triple, and scored on Paul Lo Duca's single, giving the Mets a 2-1 lead. Scott Kazmir came out for the 9th, and retired the first two to face him, before giving up a double to Preston Wilson. Billy Wagner came on to try and save it for Kazmir, but surrendered a 2 run homer to Jason Lane, putting Houston on top 3-2. Brad Lidge was more automatic then Wagner, and the Mets went down 1-2-3 in the bottom of the 9th, for a heartbreaking 3-2 loss.

Mets 5-3, Astros 3-4

Game #9: Astros at Mets

Andy Pettitte (0-1; 16.88) vs Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez (1-0; 3.00)

A bout of wildness struck El Duque in the top of the 3rd, as he walked 4 and gave up 2 hits, en route to a 3 run inning. David Wright got one of those runs right back, clubbing his first homer of the season with one out in the bottom of the 3rd, bringing the Mets to within 2, at 3-1. Tejesh pinch hit for El Duque in the 5th, signalling the end for the veteran right hander. Henry Owens came on and pitched 2 scoreless innings, before being lifted for pinch hitter Julio Franco.

"Henry's doing a terrific job for us, but we're not going to make any decision on the Heilman situation until at least the end of the month." Tejesh said afterwards, when asked about Heilman starting.

In the bottom of the 8th, the Mets crept closer, as Carlos Delgado singled, and Wright hit his second homer of the game, drawing the Mets to within one at 4-3. However, Aaron Heilman came on and imploded, giving up 4 runs and 5 hits in only 2/3 of an inning.

"I made a few mistakes up in the zone, and give them credit, they hit them hard." Heilman said afterwards. Trever Miller worked around a hit in the 9th, and the Mets fell 8-3.

Mets 5-4, Astros 4-4

Game 10: Marlins @ Mets

Josh Johnson (0-1; 3.18) vs Pedro Martinez (1-0; 4.50)

The Mets chased Florida starter Josh Johnson in the 2nd inning, with a 4 spot. Cliff Floyd led off the inning with a walk, and went to third on Xavier Nady's single. Jose Valentin singled, scoring Floyd and moving Nady to third. Pedro Martinez followed with a squeeze play, scoring the second run of the inning and moving Valentin to second. Jose Reyes singled to right, scoring Valentin, and then promptly stole second and third. Lo Duca and Beltran walked, and Carlos Delgado grounded out to force in the 4th run of the inning. David Wright, the 9th man up in the inning, flew out to end the frame.

The Mets kept the pedal to the metal in the 4th, when Reyes stole his 3rd and 4th bases of the game after singling to start the inning. Lo Duca's single scored Reyes, and extended the lead to 5-0. The onslaught didn't end there, as Beltran followed with a single, moving Lo Duca to 3rd. Delgado singled, scoring Lo Duca and moving Beltran to third. Wright struck out, but Floyd reached on an error by former Met Mike Jacobs, scoring Beltran. Brian Moehler came in to replace J Fulchino, but didnt have any luck stopping the deluge. Nady singled, scoring Delgado and moving Floyd to third. Valentin singled, scoring Floyd and moving Nady to third. Pedro Martinez walked, and Jose Reyes hit a sac fly to plate the 6th and final run of the inning. Lo Duca ended the bombardment by grounding out to third basemen Miguel Cabrera. The Mets send 11 men to the plate in the inning, and 6 scored, putting New York up 10-0.

With the huge lead, Tejesh pulled Pedro after 6 innings, and brought in Aaron Heilman.

"I wanted to wash the bad taste out of his mouth. We need to save Pedro for later in the season, and he'd had a hard working 6th, giving up a couple of runs there." Tejesh said.

The Mets scored two more runs in the bottom of the 6th, taking a 12-2 lead. Heilman surrendered a run in the 7th, but nothing more, and got the save, pitching 3 innings of 1 run ball.

New York Mets

Hitters AB R H RBI BB SO AVG

Jose Reyes SS 3 3 2 2 2 0 .341

Paul Lo Duca C 4 1 2 2 2 0 .378

Carlos Beltran CF 5 1 1 0 1 2 .297

Carlos Delgado 1B 5 1 3 3 0 0 .412

David Wright 3B 6 0 2 0 0 2 .263

Cliff Floyd LF 4 2 1 1 1 1 .143

Xavier Nady RF 5 2 2 0 0 1 .297

Jose Valentin 2B 5 1 3 1 0 0 .367

Pedro Martinez P 1 0 0 1 1 1 .250

Endy Chavez PH 1 1 1 0 0 0 .231

Aaron Heilman RP 1 0 0 0 0 1 .000

Pitchers IP H R ER BB SO PC ERA

Pedro Martinez (W, 2-0) 6.0 5 2 2 2 7 0 3.75

Aaron Heilman (S, 1) 3.0 2 1 1 1 4 0 9.64

Is that boxscore good? Or can you not read it?

1. Mets offical message board

2. Matchbox 20 message board

3. Rob Thomas message board

4. Kryptonsite message board

5. Tabitha's Secret message board

it's the Mets.com message board, I'm beltranisback... those boards are disgusting - the message boards over here are my favorite no negativity or trolls over here

Archived