www.ke7in.com

The_Jerk

www.ke7in.com

This is my new site dedicated to a bunch of my artwork I've done over the past year or so. It's a site that will definitely be a big help in the future when I'm looking for work in the industry, and its free!

I only have about 30 things there right now, but more stuff will be up soon.

It's mostly drawings that I've done for my animation portfolio, or paintings I've done for course work, or just stuff I've done on my own.

I still have 4 (maybe 5) more years of school left before I'll be looking for a job on either a television series or feature film, and given the reputation of the school and program, I'm hopefully well on my way.

Any questions or comments are defintiely appreciated.

Great drawings The_Jerk, I too am an aspiring Artist and seeing this and your background history in the site would help me. I too am planning to go to Sheridan College, (I live in Canada too, specifically Brampton,Ontario) after I get my High School diploma as I am only 16 as of now. That drawing of Belfour is Great. Good luck in the future and your site really helps other aspiring Artists.

looks good man. are you in the L.A. area already? i would assume if not you will be fairly soon since you want to do film or tv.

No I'm still in Mississauga right now, going to Sheridan College in Oakville. For animation, basiclaly there and Cal Arts in California are the two schools people go to if you want to go on to Disney or Pixar. Basically everyone who works at those studios now went to one of those two schools.

I might end up in LA eventually, but I would rather work at one of the many studios in downtown Toronto. Pixar does have studios here too, so hopefully if everything goes my way, I'll end up there eventually. I think the #1 studio in Toronto right now is for a company called Core. It was created by Steve "Spaz" Williams, the guy who created the movie "The Wild," and has done a bunch of commercials (Blockbuster hamsters/Pepsi sumo wrestling chickens), and now has his own company that is producing several tv series and a couple of feature films.

Great drawings The_Jerk, I too am an aspiring Artist and seeing this and your background history in the site would help me. I too am planning to go to Sheridan College, (I live in Canada too, specifically Brampton,Ontario) after I get my High School diploma as I am only 16 as of now. That drawing of Belfour is Great. Good luck in the future and your site really helps other aspiring Artists.

First off, thank you. Second, what program do you think you'll be going for? If it's animation, I really suggest checking out the portfolio workshop I have linked on the site. Otherwise, you'll probably end up like me and countless others, because it takes years to get in. It took me three tries, but studying at the college really helps because the professors give you a better idea of what they are looking for. But some people apply year after year and never get in. There are people who already have a degree from somewhere else in art or computer animation or something, and now they are starting this program. The age variance in this program is carzy. No one has ever gotten in straight out of high school, and right now I'm one of the youngest people in the program (might be one or two younger), and there are people in their mid 30s just starting.

Thanks guys for the awesome responses! Any other questions you guys have about anything I'll be more than happy to answer.

Archived