maris smashes bonds record

Padres67

With 5 games remaining in my '61 Yanks dynasty maris without the advantage of steroids sent a Bill Monboquette fastball 458' into the right field stands for his 74 th homer. The announcer said " he just broke the single season home run record with that moon shot. What a man". He has 5 games to add to that total. My Yanks are currently 105-52.I'm glad he beat the drugged up jerk.

69Yanks

---- Maris's 43 Homers with 52 games remaining has him on a pace to have 63.3 Homers at the end of the Season. He has averaged 1 homer every 2.558 games thus far so if he continues to perform as such he should hit another 20.3 Homers in the remaining 52 games.

Man! That is exciting and should be a challenging conclusion to the end of your *61 Season. Looks like "The Mick" needs to pick it up a bit ............

74th and Counting is really something & Truly Great that Even MVP 2005 is wise enough to Acknowledge Maris with the Single Season Home Run Record ...... in my Record Book he may have an " * " next to it ---- but Sammy & Mark are needled out competely .............

Hopefully soon we can provide each of you another Fun & Exciting Challenge -----

That will be to:

1) Lead Yaz to the Triple Crown,

2) Win the Pennant over very stiff & broad based competition

--- then

3) Accomplish what he couldn't --- Win the Series !!!

Now I realize that might be too tough of & a very undesirable task for 69Yanks and many other Yankee Fans

---- So their challenge will be to raise their Beloved Yankees from a dismal 9th place finish (Only out pacing the lowly KC A's) to contend with Boston, Detroit, Chicago & Minnesota in the wildest last Week of a Pennant Race Ever !!! And the interesting part of that might be --- Bill Monbouquette is now wearing those Pinstripes !!!

Coming Soon

Don

Hope maris does it again 69yank-It was fun watching those 74 homers-I've played both NL and Al '61 seasons completly. It has been a fun summer with this mod-thanks again. When will '67 be out-I will play the series-cincy has the best record in the Nl and will face my Yanks again -so I am almost finished. I am going to play the '67 Reds and see if they can overtake the Cards. some of the players that played on that team played for the minor league padres in '64 when they won the PCL pennant. I lived in San Diego and went to some of the games as a kid. Also the scoreboard at Crosley in MVP is actually taken from a game day July 30th 1967-so that will be perfect for the '67 mod to compare the scores. I was surprised that the announcer mentioned when he was one shy and also when he tied it.

That was a good movie-if you do keep us updated. Final results are in-Mantle 62 Homers, Maris 79. Terry steals the MVP from Mantle in the last week as he posts a 27-5 record and 2.03 ERA. Maris should have or Mantle. Here were their final numbers. Maris .281 79 152,Mantle .316 62 133. So Terry gets both Cy Young and MVP-sucks. Final record 108-54, one shy of the actuall '61 record. Detroit finishes second at 97-65, Baltimore 3rd at 93-69. Stafford finishes 20-11 2.63, Ford 19-11 2.90, Daley 16-6 2.65, and Sheldon 12-11 2.80. Position players of note Berra .228 49 117, Skowron .275 23 71, Howard .284 10 49.

69Yanks,

Thanks for the shots ...... It made me realize that I can play these on my computer and take snapshots of scenes ---- this is welcomed education.

I have that same *61 World Series DVD. Actually have a couple - One from MLB Presents and one from RareSportsFilms, INC.

Actually I have a fairly decent collection of Old Baseball DVDs

Others from RareSportsFilms, Inc I have are:

Summer of 1957

Summer of 1958

1958 World Series

1958 World Series

1960 World Series

1961 World Series

1962 World Series

1967 World Series

Long Gone (The Phillies 1964 Season)

1969 Cubs vs Phillies live TV Broadcast at Wrigley (Compete Game)

1958 & 1961 Partial TV Boardcast Tiger vs Yankees & Giants vs Reds

Others from MLB Presents:

Los Angeles Dodgers Vintage World Series Films from 59, 63, & 65

St. Louis Cardinals Vintage World Series Films from 64, 67, & 68

Others of Note:

100 Years of World Series Collection Edition

Baseball in the News Vol 1 1951-1955

Baseball in the News Vol 2 1956-1960

Baseball in the News Vol 3 1961-1967

When it was a Game 3 Vol HBO Collection

Greatest Sports Legends Baseball The National Pastime 3 Vol Set

And of Course "Baseball by Ken Burns" the PBS 10 Volume Collection

The RareSportsFilms, Inc guy Doak Ewing has just released his additional World Series selections on DVD that are 1963, 1964, 1965 & 1966 which I plan on ordering very soon. I find that Doak's films are the best quality - with of course the exception of the Ken Burns Set.

RareSportFilms has many other even older and newer Baseball DVDs plus many other Sports as well including Football, Basketball, NBA, NHL, Nascar and even Golf ............

www.raresportsfilms.com is his website.

Take Care,

Don

Friedman,

Glad you are enjoying TC *61. It certainly seems it is producing some fairly realistic results from everything individuals are reporting.

I would be interested in the # of Homers Mickey Mantle has for you as well as how the Pennant Races are shaping up.

Thanks,

Don

Archived