Colorado Rockies Dynasty (Something New!!)

black_coyote

Well...To start off, I'm gonna try doing this in an owner mode.

I was gonna do some other teams, like reds, mets, a's, pirates, etc. but since many people were already doing them, I chose the Rockies. (Hey, at least it's something new......)

Some options:

Difficulty: All-Star

Fantasy Staff Draft (Random Order: I got 16)

Blown Calls:On

variable stuff: on

Budget: Large (which is pretty small)

Fair Trades: On

With Default Sliders (noob way)

Hope people have some interest in this.

Colorado Daily

The Rockies drafted the following staff.

MLB Manager: J. Girardi Minors Manager: C. Amezcua

MLB Hitting : C. Hermansen Minors Hitting : C. Hughes

MLB Pitching : A. Burnett Minors Pitching : B. Cordova

MLB Scout : A. Jordan Minors Scout : C. Johnson

Trainer: G. Bard

Amateur Scout: J. Balfour

They've also released their Opening Day Rosters (for MLB only):

PITCHERS

5-man Rotation

Jason Jennings

Jeff Francis

Byung-Hyun Kim

Josh Fogg

Aaron Cook

LRP

Ray King

Ramon Ramirez

MRP

Mike DeJean

David Cortes

Chin-Hui Tsao

SU

Brian Fuentes

CP

Jose Mesa

Batting Order (Defensive Alignment)

1. Clint Barmes (SS)

2. Garrett Atkins (3B)

3. Matt Holliday (LF)

4. Todd Helton (1B)

5. Brad Hawpe (RF)

6. Jason Smith (DH)

7. Luis A. Gonzalez (2B)

8. Choo Freeman (CF)

9. Yorvit Torrealba ©

Bench

Jamey Carroll (3B)

Cory Sullivan (LF)

J. D. Closser ©

Jorge Piedra (RF)

Trade Special

To Houston Astros:

Jose Mesa

Brian Fuentes

To Colorado Rockies:

Brad Lidge

The Rockies and Astros traded their relievers in making the final few changes before the beginning of a new season.

Rockies gave up their two top relievers, Jose Mesa (CP) and Brian Fuentes (SU). They now have a strong closer, however needs to look for a new setup man, and also a minor leaguer to fill the gap.

what update was that? true, i think he made the all-star team, but he is underrated, he does have some filthy stuff. In real life, you'd be better of not making that trade, especially since lidge has been struggling, but in mvp, the ratings might be different.

EDIT: I hope for mvp 2012, they have a clutch rating for players, so ldige would be like 20, A-Rod 50, while jeter would be like 95.

The Colorado Rockies made some minor changes to their rosters today, just prior to their season opener against the San Diego Padres.

To fill the hole in the SU after Fuentes was traded last night, Ramon Ramirez was moved from LRP to the SU position. Chin-Hui Tsao was moved from MRP to LRP and a minor leaguer was called up to fill the MRP spot. David Cortes, 31, has some major league experince, playing in 59 games and 59.1 innings.

He has a career record 2-0 with 2 saves, 39 Ks, 14 BB, but an ERA of over 4.

Also, the team was involved in a minor league trade with Syracuse SkyChiefs, BlueJays' AAA affiliate.

To Toronto BlueJays:

RP Jamie Cerda

To Colorado Rockies:

RP Brandon League

Brandon League, 23, appeared in 29 major league games over his career and pitched 40.1 winnings. He is 2-0 with 19 Ks and 21 BBs. His career ERA is 5.98.

However, he is considered to be a very good prospect and should show improvement in a near future, should he get the amount of playing time required.

League was called up to fill the 25 man roster. He was placed in MRP

what update was that? true, i think he made the all-star team, but he is underrated, he does have some filthy stuff. In real life, you'd be better of not making that trade, especially since lidge has been struggling, but in mvp, the ratings might be different.

EDIT: I hope for mvp 2012, they have a clutch rating for players, so ldige would be like 20, A-Rod 50, while jeter would be like 95.

Well the point is, Fuentes sucked in my version of roster updates and Lidge was darn good. And in MVP they don't struggle. lol

The Colorado Rockes open their season on a 2-0 loss to the San Diego Padres.

The game feautured two great pitchers, Jason Jennings,and Jake Peavy.

The Padres were without their manager for the most part of the game. During the top of the 3rd inning, with 2 outs, Cameron smacked a grounder to the second. Shortstop, Clint Barnes made a fine diving play, and threw the ball to the first base. Jason Hilt, the first base umpire ruled the play out. The Padres manager , Bruce Bochy, was furious, and was all over the umpire before - and after- getting ejected. The replay clearly showed that he was out.

However, the umpires did make some questionable calls, including Hilt ruling a Rockie runner safe, when he was out by half a step.

Jennings allowed just one hit until the top of the 9th. He allowed a lead off single and 2 batters later, Cameron hit a deep fly ball to the right field. Brad Hawpe, the Right Fielder, attempted a diving catch but missed the ball, allowing both runners to come home and score.

Jennings took the loss despite a great start. He allowed 4 hits and 2 runs in 8.2 innings of work with 4 Ks and no walks.

"It's really disappointing. I thought I threw some good pitches, but things just didn't go our way," said Jenning on the loss.

When asked about his opinion on Hawpe's play - or misplay, rather-, he said "Well, everyone makes mistakes. His mistake just happened to be at the wrong time at a critical point in the game. It must be hard for him then for me or anyone else. He's taking the blame for the loss...and I can't defend him on that but, everyone makes mistakes once in a while"

The Rockies were not able to provide any support for Jennings other than some fine diving plays by Barmes and Gonzalez.

Despite the fact that they had 8 hits, they could not come up with a string of hits and was shutout.

Barmes finished the game with game high 3 hits on 4 at bats.

Jake Peavy got the win in 8 innings of work, giving up 7 hits, no runs, no walks, and 7 strikeouts. Trevor Hoffman finished off the game, earning his first save of the season.

Archived