Getting new pc. Need Advice

Anthony13

Hey, my old pc is giving me problems so im getting a notebook so i can continue modding on here. Here are a few i found. Just wanted to know what you guys thought was the best.

$ 1,170

Pentium 4 w/HT

3 Ghz

512 MB RAM

40 GB HD

15.4 wxga display

64MB Video Memory (dedicated)

$ 1,062

Pentium 4

2.8 GHz

512 MB RAM

60 GB HD

15 xga display

128MB Video Memory (shared)

$ 1,060

Pentium 4

2.8 GHz

512 MB RAM

60 GB HD

15.4 wxga display

64 MB Video Memory (shared)

$ 1,020

AMD XP-M 3000+

1.6 GHz

512 MB RAM

60 GB HD

15.4 HiDefinition wxga display

32 MB Video Memory (dedicated)

$ 980

AMD XP-M 2800+

2.08 GHz

512 MB RAM

60 GB HD

15.4 wxga display

$ 880

AMD XP-M 2800+

2.133 GHz

512 MB RAM

40 GB HD

15 xga display

Thanks for the help

Anthony

$ 1,062

Pentium 4

2.8 GHz

512 MB RAM

60 GB HD

15 xga display

128MB Video Memory (shared)

is likely yor best best if you have to go the way of a notebook.

there one large reason and that the video card. i although i dont like shared anything becuase it takes a hit on the system becuase of that, there some room given the above cmpared others and the required needs in video ram of programs, when is this size. if doing anything at all like modding or if you consider playing games at all the better your video meory is the better off youll be and same true of graphics work for the most part.

if you can go to a desktop youll have better experince and more play room to work with it fro everything includeing upgrades later generally speaking.

the only that not a good idea is the following.

. $ 1,020

AMD XP-M 3000+

1.6 GHz

512 MB RAM

60 GB HD

15.4 HiDefinition wxga display

32 MB Video Memory (dedicated)

this system is so minuim you wont get much use out if it other than internet and work related stuff. for anthing today you need did to bare minuim use one with 64 video card in it to run anything video wise other than office stuff. this ausmes the ther not doing sepcial with the video card that not known about.

the rest of the specs are close enough there really isnt a lot of difference.

if one of these minus the one with the 32mb video card as any expanbely in it like hd or ram, or anything thats one more thing you might want to consider depending on how you use the system.

i'm use to bulding systems and have and have had several laptops, based on this provided this what i base my answer on.

i got mine through dell in january for $1200 (desktop)

pentium 4

3.0 ghz ht

512 ram

120 gb hard drive

gforce 5200

dvd drive

check under small busines. thats what i did and its cheaper than home office section. just make up a business name if you order. thats what i did and saved $200

i got mine through dell in january for $1200 (desktop)

pentium 4

3.0 ghz ht

512 ram

120 gb hard drive

gforce 5200

dvd drive

check under small busines. thats what i did and its cheaper than home office section. just make up a business name if you order. thats what i did and saved $200

:D:lol::lol: I never thought of that.

Archived