Classic fielding gloves and Imported teams

paulw

I have a bunch of TC5 teams I'm importing into TC6. I match all the attributes (except my ridulously anal player ratings) but when I play a game my imported teams have lost their **very COOL** classic gloves. I have the glove color set as Light Brown just as in TC6. Bummer. I've looked at all the files in database and can't figure this one out. Can anyone help me on this? I really like those old-time fielding gloves.

Paulw,

I am not familiar with a classic gloves mod but it does sound appealing.

How did you get those classic gloves into the game files that you were using for your TC5 teams?

Are you using the same game directories for those that had the classic gloves that you have now imported those teams into the TC6 rosters?

Not knowing what files are updated by any classic glove mod but it might be one that is also used by the TC6 install process thus overwrites any mod you had previously performed on that file. I would think that if you did install a classic gloves mod to the TC5 files then installing it into the TC6 directories should bring those gloves back into the game.

Just trying to help think through your situation.

Don

Paul (and Don),

The classic gloves have always been in the game. We've just never been able to access them through MVPEdit. We finally figured out how to do it when we were working on TC6. Here's what you need to do:

1. Go to the folder where you installed MVPEdit (e.g. Program Files MVPEdit).

2. In this folder you will find a file named config.txt. Open this file with your favorite text editor.

3. Scroll down the file until you find a section with the heading 'Field Glove Color This section will appear as follows:

'Field Glove Color

0,Light Brown

1,Brown

2,Black

3,Blue

4,Red

This is all of the possible values you can select for the Field Glove Color attribute with MVPEdit. What we found is that if you give this attribute a value of '5', the player will use the classic glove.

4. To be able to assign the classic glove in MVPEdit, add a new entry after the last Field Glove Color entry (4, Red), so that the section now looks like this:

'Field Glove Color

0,Light Brown

1,Brown

2,Black

3,Blue

4,Red

5,Classic

5. Save the config.txt file and start up MVPEdit. Now when you go to the player's Appearance tab and select the Glove Color pulldown, you have a selection for the classic glove. You can see this in the following screenshot:

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT CLASSIC GLOVES:

1. If you do not update your MVPEdit config.txt file as I have shown above and you import a team or roster that uses classic gloves, you will notice (as you did, Paul when you looked at the TC6 rosters) that all of the players have a glove color of Light Brown. The reason for this is that when MVPEdit is looking at the attributes, it compares them the values in the config.txt file to determine what value to use and display in the pulldown menus.

In Paul's case, MVPEdit did not know what a Glove Color value of '5' was, so it reset it to '0', which is the value for Light Brown. That's why it appeared that you were setting your TC5 team attributes exactly like the TC6 attributes, when in reality, you were not.

2. Another thing you should be aware of when using classic gloves is that you MUST NOT assign them to your catchers. It has a bad effect on the game. I can't recall whether it crashed the game or if the graphics were messed up, but I remember that it was not good. The classic gloves work fine for every other player, but not catchers. I guess they're just finicky about their equipment..... :grin:

Hey 69Yanks,

That figurine I got on eBay like all the others ones in that picture. The *61 Team one shows up every once in a while - probably 3 to four times a month or so as an example but really sporadic.

They typically go uppers of $165 ( which is what I paid for mine (I think)and felt lucky) to $265 or so ...........

The faces certainly are recognizable on that *61 set and very recognizable on the one that has Mantle, Ruth, Gehrig & Dimaggio. Those are all by Danbury Mint. The Danbury Mint figurines seem to go from any where around upper $30s to $100 or so depending on player. But if you look at the Reggie Jackson & Don Mattingly they are figurines made by McFarlane and they typically go for from $5-$20 on ebay plus shipping of course and I actually think their likeness is better than the Danbury Mint ones. They actually can be found on the www.mcfarlane.com website as they are currently in production in their Copperstown collection.

Thanks,

Don

Jim,

That is fantastic information on the classic gloves. I will have to take a look at that.

Truly appreciate the time you spent answering that question and the detail you presented. I had totally missed that information whenever it came out.

Take Care,

Don

Archived