Cleveland Indians Organizational Dynasty

kgbaseball

untitled8an3.jpg

Here's my Indians Dynasty. Basically, I'll play one game a day from any of the 4 Indians' affiliates. Usually it'll be Akron and Cleveland, but every once in awhile I'll play Buffalo or Kinston. I'm not going to go all out on this; basically I'll post a box score, some screens from the game, and a recap. At the end of each day, I'll post the scores of all the organization's games. I've created myself as a 3b in Akron. Any time you see Kris Crowe, that's me. ;)

I'm using my roster, my sliders (on page 7 of the Official Sliders thread), and the best datafile of them all, MaddiesDaddy's 3.0.

I've already played a couple games into the season, and here's how the 4 teams stand:

MLB AL Central

Cleveland: 2-3

Last game: Johan Santana held the Indians' bats in check, giving up only 2 ER in 7 strong innings. Final Score: 7-4, Twins. L

AAA International League North

Buffalo: 2-1

Last game: The Bisons' offense was too much for Richmond to handle. Final Score: 6-1, Bisons. W

AA Southern League South

Akron: 2-1

Last game: After being no-hit through 6, Akron went into the 9th trailing 4-0. Akron put a 7 spot on the board in the ninth to win it, 7-4. W

A Carolina League South

Kinston: 1-1

Last game: Kinston pitcher Joe Ness stifled the Winston-Salem Warthogs' offense, shutting them out, 2-0. W

More to come soon.

Sunday, April 10th

Game o' the Day:

Akron Aeros (2-1) @ Binghamton Mets (1-2)

Sean Smith vs. Rich Rundles

mvp20052006102023284468ow4.jpg

Aeros Offense Too Much for Mets

Goleski delivers 2 run double, Barton adds 4 hits in Win

Sean Smith cruised along to his first win this season with a solid outing against the Bighamton Mets today.

mvp20052006102023420429rm4.jpg

Trevor Crowe started the scoring with an RBI single in the 3rd.

The Aeros would go on to add 4 in the 6th inning to put them up 5-0, on a 2 run double by RF Ryan Goleski.

The Mets finally got on the board in the bottom of the 9th on a Carlos Gomez 2 run homer, but by then it was already too late.

mvp20052006102100100982sq7.jpg

Carlos Gomez touches home plate after his 2-run bomb Sunday.

untitled3lw4.jpg

Final Score:

mvp20052006102100134925wq4.jpg

Other Scores:

MLB

Cleveland: Another defeat to the Twins, 7-4. L Record: 2-4

AAA

Buffalo: Talk about an offensive explosion. Bisons score in every inning but the 3rd and 7th in a 20-2 rout of Richmond. W Record: 3-1

A

Kinston: Loss, 4-0 L Record: 1-2

Monday, April 11th

Game o' the Day:

Buffalo Bisons @ Norfolk Tides

Brian Slocum vs. Victor Zambrano

Extra Inning Affair Goes the Way of the Bison

Kouzmanoff hits game winner in 10th

The Bisons were happy to see Victor Zambrano leave the game in the 9th. They were able to muster 8 hits, but were only able to score once off Zambrano after loading the bases twice, once in the 7th, and again in the 9th.

The Tide began the scoring in the 2nd with a solo homerun by Bobby Malek. It would stay 1-0 until the top of the 9th when SS Asdrubal Cabrera of the Bisons slapped a single past Jose Offerman with the bases loaded.

mvp20052006102100511660gi0.jpg

Malek's towering shot in the 2nd off of Brian Slocum.

The game would go into extras, tied at 1 apiece. After Ben Francisco hit into a double play, 3B Kevin Kouzmanoff hit a blistering line drive just clearing the high wall in left to give the Bisons a 2-1 lead. Closer Andrew Brown of the Bisons finished the game 1-2-3. It was the 3rd win in as many games for the Bisons. The Bisons record now stands at 4-1.

mvp20052006102101212010nr6.jpg

The Bisons celebrate after an exciting 2-1 victory over the Tides.

Final Score:

mvp20052006102101214120sj5.jpg

Other Scores:

AA

Akron: Loss, 8-1 to Bowie. L Record: 3-2

Tuesday, April 12th

Game o' the Day:

Seattle Mariners @ Cleveland Indians

mvp20052006102218324790da8.jpg

Too Close for Comfort

Tribe gets win, almost blow 5 run lead

Seattle made it more interesting than the Indians would've wanted on Tuesday night. The Tribe had a 5 run lead going into the 9th inning, but gave 4 of them back, after reliever Rafael Perez loaded the bases and allowed 2 runs to score. He was replaced by closer Tom Mastny, who on his first pitch of the night gave up a 2 run homerun to Richie Sexson, cutting the lead to 1, 5-4. That's how the game would finish, after Ben Broussard struck out to end the game.

mvp20052006102219091462op2.jpg

Sexson's 2-run bomb in the 9th.

Jake Westbrook was hit in the head in the 4th inning by a line drive off the bat of Mariners catcher Kenji Johjima, and will miss 3 weeks with a concussion. Fausto Carmona, who earned the win after pitching 3 2/3 innings of perfect relief after Westbrook went down, will take Jake's place in the rotation. Starting pitcher Jason Stanford has been called up to take Westbrook's place on the 25-man roster.

Ryan Garko and Andy Marte homered for the Tribe, and accounted for 4 of the 5 runs.

untitled1yd2.jpg

Garko and Marte round the bases after their blasts.

And in stunning news, Victor Martinex actually threw out a baserunner Tuesday night.

mvp20052006102218483793bs9.jpg

The Cleveland crowd was stunned after witnessing catcher Victor Martinez throw out Johjima in Monday's game.

Cleveland improves to 3-4 on the season with the win. They face the Mariners again on Wednesday night.

Final Score:

mvp20052006102219113129yo9.jpg

untitled3ux7.jpg

Other Scores

AAA

Buffalo: The Tides and Bisons played another 10-inning affair, except it was the Tides on Tuesday who walked (or swam) away with the win, 5-4. L Record: 4-2

AA

Akron: The Aeros hold Bowie to only 3 hits, and win 3-1. W Record: 4-2

A

Kinston: The Indians mustered 10 hits, but could only score 1 run, and lost 4-1. L Record: 1-3

Not at all. I don't care if people know the records of all 4 teams or how each team is doing. I'm just posting games for people that are interested. I'm kind of worried about people who would be confused by my layout; it can't be that hard to understand.

How's Brian Slocum doing for you?

He started the AAA game I have posted, and got a no decision. Something like 0ER in 7 innings or something like that in his only start. I can't complain so far.

btw...are you really related to Trevor Crowe??

Nope, just my favorite minor leaguer, so I named myself after him lol. :)

Wednesday, April 13th

Game o' the Day:

Seattle Mariners @ Cleveland Indians

mvp20052006102223401803pm0.jpg

Martinez, Hafner Too Much For Mariners

Martinez homers twice; Pronk adds another in Cleveland win

You know when Grady Sizemore, the Indians' leadoff hitter, gets on base 3 times in a game, good things are bound to happen. That's exactly what happened Wednesday night. Grady went 3-4 with 1 run and 1 stolen base, and also drove in a run. Catcher Victor Martinez had a monster night, going 3-4 with 2 homers and 3 RBIs.

Richie Sexson hit his 2nd homerun in as many days for the Mariners, who mustered just 4 hits against Cliff Lee and the Indians bullpen.

The Tribe knocked Mariners starting pitcher Gil Meche out of the game early in the 4th after getting him for 6 earned runs. Julio Mateo finished the game, giving up 2ER on a homerun to Travis "Pronk" Hafner in the 7th.

mvp20052006102300111031yd0.jpg

Pronk hits a towering homerun just inside the right field foul pole in the 7th.

Final Score

mvp20052006102300190093rq9.jpg

Box Score

Other Scores

AAA

Buffalo: The Bisons and Tides go to extra innings for the 3rd straight day, the Tides getting the win in this one. 23 combined hits, only for 7 combined runs. The Tides win it in the 11th, 4-3. L Record: 4-3

AA

Akron: Give up 17 hits in loss to Bowie L Record: 4-3

A

Kinston: 14 hits in win over Frederick W Record: 2-3

Thursday, April 14th

Game o' the Day:

Harrisburg Senators @ Akron Aeros

mvp20052006102300435181xr1.jpg

Aeros Bullpen Implodes After Tremendous Start by Laffey

Extra inning affair ends in awful fashion

The Aeros wasted a brilliant start by pitcher Aaron Laffey on Thursday night. Laffey went 7 1/3 innings, giving up only one run. Garret Mock, the Senators starting hurler, bested Laffey by going 8+ innings, yielding no runs. The score was 1-0 Senators going into the bottom of the ninth inning, when the Aeros offense finally showed signs of life. 3 straight singles by Ryan Goleski, Ryan Mulhern, and Brad Snyder tied the game in dramatic fashion.

mvp20052006102301150815bh2.jpg

Eider Torres, pinch running for Goleski, scores the tying run. The umpire can't bear to look.

After finally gaining momentum in the bottom of the ninth, the bullpen blew it for the Aeros in the 10th. The Senatrors loaded the bases, and 2b Trey Webb launched a moonshot to left field, measured at 457 feet, for a grand slam, putting the Senators up for good. The Aeros offense was no match for reliever Dan Kolb in the bottom half, and the Aeros lost, 7-1. The Aeros record stands at 4-4 after the loss.

Final Score

mvp20052006102301231196ju3.jpg

Box Score

Other Scores

MLB

Cleveland: Win 6-2 over Seattle. W Record: 5-4, 1st place in Central

AAA

Buffalo: Another slugfest, and the Tides are victorious, 9-7. L Record: 4-4

A

Kinston: Extra inning affair vs. Bowie, resulting in loss, 9-6 in 11. L Record: 2-4

Friday, April 15th

Indians Announce Trade, Receive New Closer

ph_424324.jpgph_150188.jpgph_434594.jpg

The Indians announced Friday that they have made a deal for closer Francisco Cordero from the Milwaukee Brewers, in exchange for starting pitcher Cliff Lee. Vince Perkins was also included in the deal, one that could pay off for the Indians down the road. The Indians got some much needed relief help in Cordero, who is 0-0 with a 0.00 ERA and 2 saves this year. Perkins, who has a lot of potential, also has had command issues and arm problems in the past. The Indians thought he was worth the gamble, and asked for him to be included in the deal. With the dealing of Lee, the Indians will go with a 4 man rotation for the time being until Jake Westbrook recovers from a concussion he suffered earlier this week after getting hit in the head by a line drive off the bat of Kenji Johjima.

Friday, April 15th

Game o' the Day:

Cleveland Indians @ Detroit Tigers

mvp20052006102313393240wm1.jpg

Tribe's Offense Too Much For Tigers

Hafner, Peralta, and Martinez homer to give Indians 4th straight win

The Indians hit 3 homeruns in Friday night's game against the Tigers, and shut their offense down to win 4-1. All of the Tribe's offense came from the long ball, something Cleveland's fans are used to seeing.

Jeremy Sowers got the start, and pitched into the 6th, giving up only 1ER, but did not factor into the decision.

Detroit starter Nate Robertson left in the 3rd after complaining of elbow troubles. Roman Colon pitched the remainder of the game, and gave up all 4 runs to Cleveland, earning him the loss.

mvp20052006102314102642mj8.jpg

Victor Martinez launches a homerun in the 9th.

Closer Francisco Cordero, who had just unpacked his stuff with his new team, was called on in the 9th to get the save, and he did so in 1-2-3 fashion. The win was Cleveland's 4th in a row, leaving them at 6-4 on the year.

mvp20052006102314112659ec1.jpg

Francisco Cordero made his first appearance for the Tribe, and got the save.

Final Score

mvp20052006102314123928cu3.jpg

Box Score

Other Scores

AAA

Buffalo: Behind the strong starting pitching of Jeremy Guthrie, the Bisons take one from the Columbus Clippers, 4-1. W Record: 5-4

AA

Akron: The Aeros shock the Senators with 2 in the 9th to win it, 3-2. W Record: 5-4

A

Kinston: Potomac scores 2 in the bottom of the 9th to steal one from the Indians, 4-3. L Record: 2-5

Archived