College Football BCS talk

brutushayesosu

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Cal losing that hurts USC and also ND. Its down to the SEC winner and Texas in my opinion. If Florida wins theyll play. If they lose then I think Texas will be in. If FL and TX both lose their title games then it could be USC, ND,WVU, or Ark. (if USC doesnt lose in between now and ND game) Now, haha, Michigan beat ND badly @ South Bend so that wouldnt look good if they got in over Michigan or OSU. It comes down to USC. If they lose a game, then there could be a possibility of an OSU/Michigan rematch over Ark and WVU getting in.

New BCS rankings

http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfootball/

rutgers at 6! Realistic chance at getting in

and USC hops Florida - which isn't a huge surprise. Cal needs to beat them next week, then USC beat Notre Dame.

if USC loses, it will be either the SEC champion (if Florida or Arkansas win out), or a rematch of this weekend's game. I don't think Rutgers will jump OSU or Michigan unless that game's a blow out.

Holy crap the Badgers are 9. I truly believe Florida is and has been the most overrated team this year, closely followed by Notre Dame. It's too bad Florida has 2 cupcakes (FSU is god awful, but it'll probably be a good game) left, which will unfairly give them a shot at a good bowl. I think Rutgers loses to WVU in a couple weeks to end their cinderella story. I absolutely can NOT wait for OSU/Michigan next weekend!

Holy crap the Badgers are 9. I truly believe Florida is and has been the most overrated team this year, closely followed by Notre Dame. It's too bad Florida has 2 cupcakes (FSU is god awful, but it'll probably be a good game) left, which will unfairly give them a shot at a good bowl. I think Rutgers loses to WVU in a couple weeks to end their cinderella story. I absolutely can NOT wait for OSU/Michigan next weekend!

:chin:

who has played a tougher schedule? Ohio State and Michigan sure haven't. you want "cupcakes" - give anyone in the top ten Rutgers schedule and see what happens. the only team close is USC with their final few games.

unfair chance at a "good bowl". are you saying that if florida wins out and defeats arkansas for the SEC championship, that they don't deserve to at least be in a BCS bowl? either you just typed that post while you were high, or you just saw a topic and decided to throw your :twocents: in.

...c'mon.

They should've lost to SC, almost loss to Vandy, and aren't playing the way a #4 team should. Their special teams is something else, though. Could they be playing any better? It's saving their asses right now.

I'll agree with you that they deserve to be in a BCS bowl IF they beat Arkansas (big if right now the way they're playing).

I should admit that I've never been a fan of Florida football, so that's why I'm so negative towards them. Sure, they're a good team, but not great, in my opinion.

They should've lost to SC, almost loss to Vandy, and aren't playing the way a #4 team should. Their special teams is something else, though. Could they be playing any better? It's saving their asses right now.

They have two basic problems that have haunted them all season: penalties and inconsistant offense.

I believe that they are the second most penalized team in ALL of Division I football. They make dumb mistakes, be it false starts, illegal formation, etc.; and most of them come on the offensive side of the ball - and at least 90% of them have been of the mental variety.

Urban Meyer also tries to get too cute - for instance, against the Gamecocks, Florida drove the field easily, getting to about the 20 with no effort. Instead of continuing what got them there, Meyer tried a reverse pass on first down that Caldwell was called for intentional grounding on...thus moving them way out of field goal range.

In their one loss, they beat Auburn easily in the first half. But then a lack of fundamentals took over - causing Auburn to win without scoring an offensive touchdown. Playing the way they played in that second half, FIU would beat them.

You're 100% correct in that special teams is saving their ***. Could the other parts of the team play better? Much. But so far, they've done enough to just get by. And I'll reiterate - if they want to beat Arkansas, and if they want to have a chance against an Ohio State or Michigan if they get the opportunity, they will have to play a solid game - and Meyer is going to have to use DeShawn Wynn a lot more than he wants too.

Say what you want about Florida, but they are still the best one-loss team in the country. They have had the hardest schedule and have gotten the job done when it counts (except against Auburn of course).

If they win out, they will definitely deserve a shot in the Championship game against the Michigan/Ohio St. game. I believe it will be Ohio St. for sure, and I think they will handle Michigan by a couple TDs.

If Florida loses, it's foggy as hell. :) My bet is on either Florida or USC right now, unless Rutgers goes undefeated. If they don't lose any, they deserve a shot at the title regardless of their conference. Beating two top-10 teams (if they beat WVU which I doubt) is deserving.

Seriously, Michigan and Ohio State are so above everyone else this year it is ridiculous. The BCS comittee needs to realize that even if Michigan loses they still deserve a chance at the title. They had a tough schedule and shouldn't be penalized for getting beaten by a higher ranked team. I hate it when I hear everyone talking about how Michgan is done if they lose. Who doesn't have one loss right now anyway. Sure Rutgers played Louisville but who else did they play? Win or lose the championship should be Ohio State - Michigan baring a major collapse by either team.

Haha He should be alright. Plenty of time to rest in between games. And did you notice the guy got the score wrong at the end? He said 28-10. haha

Off the topic of football, looking ahead to basketball. What are the chances that OSU and Florida play each other in the tourney? They play each other Dec. 23rd, I think, and we ight have Oden by then. By the way Ive seen this guy walking on campus. He is the scariest looking person Ive seen in my life! OSU is young this year and probably overated in the polls but Im thinking once tourny time comes they will be a major threat.

Haha He should be alright. Plenty of time to rest in between games. And did you notice the guy got the score wrong at the end? He said 28-10. haha

Off the topic of football, looking ahead to basketball. What are the chances that OSU and Florida play each other in the tourney? They play each other Dec. 23rd, I think, and we ight have Oden by then. By the way Ive seen this guy walking on campus. He is the scariest looking person Ive seen in my life! OSU is young this year and probably overated in the polls but Im thinking once tourny time comes they will be a major threat.

with a presence like oden, you can't count any team out. i think ohio state will be good, but i think the youth will catch up to them in the tourney. that being said, there are surprises every year in march - and with a young team, the stuff they learn this year will only help next year.

of course, there's a bit of bias, but the only team i can see beating florida this year is...florida. north carolina is a close second, but if the gators can play their game, there's no reason they shouldn't double up.

Archived