Clocking My CPU?

GEOLINK

You can go into your BIOS and change the CPU frequenzy , to do so press "DEL" (somtimes its "F2" ) during the startup of your pc.

you should get into the bios then,press CTRL+F1 (some bios dont allow overclocking until you do so) then go into advanced chipset features,there you should find the CPU FREQUNZY try to raise by little steps and restart get into bios again and go to the PC HEALTH MONITOR and see if your cpu still has an acceptable temperature (70° C should be the maximum)

when you think there is still some room for overclocking give the frequenzy some more juice again.

No offense but if you don’t know how to get into your BIOS then you shouldn’t even be thinking about overclocking.

:offtopic: Just out of curiosity what kind of OC’s do you guys have?

I personally have an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ clocked to 2700MHz at 1.6 volts, 24 hour prime stable.

I know, I know. I’m probably pushing my luck running such a high voltage but heat wise it tops out at just a little under 30C with water cooling.

hmmm right about one thing, thanks.

I also got this other PC, it's a Dell Desktop. Thing is I put Windows XP on it but it isn't registered to the Dell so the time for the registering is gone. Thing is when I try to install like Windows 98... the setup doesnt pop up what tha deal.... I see future with this Dell like putting in Graphics cards, ect.

hmmm right about one thing, thanks.

I also got this other PC, it's a Dell Desktop. Thing is I put Windows XP on it but it isn't registered to the Dell so the time for the registering is gone. Thing is when I try to install like Windows 98... the setup doesnt pop up what tha deal.... I see future with this Dell like putting in Graphics cards, ect.

You need to boot from the windows disk.

Archived