XM or Sirius

tebjr

My brother and I were talking about which one is better. He owns a Sirius radio and I have an XM. I say XM is better, not only because it has baseball, but I like the music and comedy channels better that they offer. Just wondering which one you guys have/prefer.

here's what i've heard. Sirius owns their own satellites. Xm rents theirs. In their beginning stages, most of the best channels were on xm because xm was cheaper, as sirius was trying to pay for their satellites. Now that sirius has them mostly paid off, they can offer lower prices and are now taking some of xm's best channels. I've heard that more and more are projected to switch once their contracts are up. XM now has a tough decision to make about buying them. Either way, it could be very costly for them.

Sirius has Howard Stern which propelled them ahead of XM. But I kept XM for this reason I called to cancel XM and they asked me why and I said I got Sirius for Howard Stern, so they came back with a counter offer. XM radio service for 1 year 3.99 a month. So I said sure because I still wanted the baseball but rarely listen on radio. Now my year is about to expire so I'm going to try and cancel again and see what the new offer is. This time I'll throw out that nascar is switching to Sirius and tell them I don't need XM anymore, maybe I'll get free service? I never watch or listen to Nascar but its a good bargaining chip.

First of all, Xm is not more expensive, they are both 12.95 per month, and 6.99 for another radio added to your account up to 5 radios.

As for who is better, just look at the stock ticker.

XMSR: 14.45 (-0.07)

SIRI: 3.54 (-0.01)

and XM has more subs last time I checked..Sirius Radios, and sound sucks from where I am and the radios generally run more money..

They've already lost Nascar. .

(not an attack on you tebjr, don't take it that way please)

whoopty doo, nascar is gone. whatever will they do? lol

I have XM and love it. It's very user friendly, and I've never had a problem getting signal anywhere, and I live out in the middle of no where in Eastern Kentucky. So if I can get a signal, there shouldn't be anyone who couldn't get a strong one. I really like the channels XM has, and I like the designated sports channels as well. It makes it really easy that you always know where the sports are going to be located. Plus XM gives me a chance to listen to other teams, and their broadcasters, which I really enjoy.

I don't know hardly anything about Sirius except that they carry NFL. So I can't really make a comparison between the two.

I've been researching cause I plan on buying one with xmas money. I pick Sirius.

a) they got a really cheap/decent receiver(20 bucks)

B) stern

c) every sport basically besides baseball

I get the MLB extra innings package anyway..so I have no need really for xm baseball.

Archived