The Return Of The BabyBacks: A Diamondbacks Dynatsy

theotherguy619

Later today I am going to start my Diamondbacks Dynasty. I'll post pictures, box scores, and game summaries along with news from around the league. Here's what I got so far:

MVP difficulty

D-Units sliders with a few tweeks (very nice I might add)

KG rosters (plus version released 1/24)

All the little add-ons like KC's unis, bat mod, and glove mod

Players who will begin the season on the DL are on the DL (MVPEditor)

The first series of the year is in Colorado against the Rockies. Wish me luck!

problem...

a lot of times, the game likes to crash midgame to the desktop. it usually happens when the camera zooms into the players for the batter walkup. why it does this, i do not know. so pictures aren't likely to happen. BUT, i still plan on doing the dynasty, it just might take some time to give results. unless somebody can explain why it crashes...

April 4th, 2007

Rockies Go on Hit Parade, Win Season Opener

Diamondbacks 2 Rockies 6

W: Aaron Cook (1-0), L: Brandon Webb (0-1)

Final (9)

The Colorado Rockies went about their normal ways of winning games today, by outhitting their opponents. But hitting wasn't the only standout performance, the Rockies pitching held the Diamondbacks to just 2 hits and 2 runs. Leading the Rockies to their first victory of the season was starter Aaron Cook. Cook delivered an impressive opening day start pitching 6 strong innings, striking out 2, yielding 2 hits, and giving the Diamondbacks their only two runs. Not only that, he contributed at the dish with his first home run of the season. Ramirez, Hawkins, and Fuentes pitched no-hit baseball the rest of the game.

Aaron Cook: "I myself was shocked that I did so well. Most of the credit should really be given to the defense. With only 2 strikeouts, its easy to see how the game was won.

Not to be overshadowed, Willy Taveras and Todd Helton went a combined 7 for 9. Helton hit a double and a home run, while Taveras started the season with 2 steals.

Todd Helton: "Today, the ball was easy to see out of Webb's hand. As for Willy, we traded for him so he could do what he did; steal bases. If he keeps doing that, and we drive him in, we have a good recipe for success.

On a good note, Conor Jackson hit his first home run of the year. The Diamondbacks will hope he can develop his gap power into home run power batting in the cleanup spot.

Player of The Game: Aaron Cook ph_346871.jpg

These two teams meet up tomorrow to play 9 again. Who knows, maybe more...

Around The League:

Transacions:

HOU signs 2B Trent Durrington

Injuries:

COL- Jamey Carroll (10 days, minor MCL sprain)

April 5th, 2007

Johnson solid, DBacks Cruise by Rockies

Diamondbacks 13, Rockies 3

W: Johnson (1-0), L: Francis (0-1)

Final (9)

Today was Randy Johnson's first appearence in a Diamondback's uniform since 2003, and he did not dissapoint. As a matter of fact, the entire team didn't dissapoint. Johnson was solid, but the main attraction was the bats of the Diamondbacks. The starting 8 for the Diamondbacks went 15 for 38 (.395), 8 of those hits for extra bases. Chris Synder made the most of his time, going 2 for 4 with 2 doubles and 4 RBIs. Synder is expected to get the majority of his starts against southpaws.

Chris Synder: "Since I can remember, I've always been able to produce against the lefties. I just hope Coach Melvin will keep this in mind and try to get me more hacks at the dish.

Once again, Todd Helton was the shining star for the Rockies. Todd hit a solo home run in the bottom of the 4th to keep the Rockies within striking distance, but the DBacks eventually pulled away a sealed their first victory of the season.

Todd Helton: "Once those guys catch fire, it's hard to cool them off. Looks like the NL West is going to be a dogfight til the end."

Player of The Game: Chris Synder ph_430965.jpg

Tomorrow is the third and final game of the series. It's all tied at 1 a piece, with Livan Hernandez taking on Brian Lawrence.

Archived