Just had to pass on Titans Season Tickets :(

duckdodger215

Got an email from the TN Titans saying that I had the opportunity to purchase season tickets for the 2007 season. I signed up for the waiting list about 7 years ago, and I was finally offered the chance to purchase them. Well, I'm in my next to last semester of college so I didn't really have $1200 to spend on 2 seats. The PSL/seat was $250 and the actual tickets were $390/seat ($48.75/game). I guess there's always next year since I was actually able to purchase them if I wanted to this year.

Thats crazy. Not the fact that you waited 7 years, or the fact that you turned down the offer, but that they charge close to $50 a game. Thats why I dont like pro football.

They basically have to to turn a profit.

A lot of the money that comes from running a sports team comes from selling tickets.

It's not like basketball or baseball where there's a lot of games every season. There's only 8 home games a year.

Same thing with College Football.

To get the season tickets that I have to go to Florida Gator football games, you basically have to inherit them. I got them from my mom, and she got them from when she was a student and the Gator team basically sucked. Now with the college turning into a power house, it's almost impossible to get season tickets to games. And, if I recall correct, they are about 60 dollars a game. It's cheaper to buy them scalped or invidiual, but you aren't guarenteed tickets that way and can end up with horrible setas. And the ones I have are upper-deck seats, go farther down and it's even more.

Plus it's supply and demand. There's only so many seats that a stadium can hold. The more demand for the tickets and the less supply of tickets, the more the ticket prices will increase.

Football games are worth it though. The atmosphere is amazing. Most baseball games, I don't find that much different from watching on T.V. when it comes to atmosphere at the stadium. I've been to two games at Yankee Stadium and that was a great atmosphere (still not comparable to football or basketball but still great). But the Florida Gator, Tampa Bay Devil Rays, and Florida Marlins games I've been too...not so much. But wiht football and basketball (well, I don't think NBA games for the most part have that good of an atmosphere. College basketball crowds are amazing though), the atmosphere in the stadium make the game that much more exciting.

So yeah, they are worth the price.

Thats crazy. Not the fact that you waited 7 years, or the fact that you turned down the offer, but that they charge close to $50 a game. Thats why I dont like pro football.
The cheapest average ticket in the whole NFL is Buffalo Bills at 48.00.

They basically have to to turn a profit.

A lot of the money that comes from running a sports team comes from selling tickets.

It's not like basketball or baseball where there's a lot of games every season. There's only 8 home games a year.

Same thing with College Football.

To get the season tickets that I have to go to Florida Gator football games, you basically have to inherit them. I got them from my mom, and she got them from when she was a student and the Gator team basically sucked. Now with the college turning into a power house, it's almost impossible to get season tickets to games. And, if I recall correct, they are about 60 dollars a game. It's cheaper to buy them scalped or invidiual, but you aren't guarenteed tickets that way and can end up with horrible setas. And the ones I have are upper-deck seats, go farther down and it's even more.

Plus it's supply and demand. There's only so many seats that a stadium can hold. The more demand for the tickets and the less supply of tickets, the more the ticket prices will increase.

Football games are worth it though. The atmosphere is amazing. Most baseball games, I don't find that much different from watching on T.V. when it comes to atmosphere at the stadium. I've been to two games at Yankee Stadium and that was a great atmosphere (still not comparable to football or basketball but still great). But the Florida Gator, Tampa Bay Devil Rays, and Florida Marlins games I've been too...not so much. But wiht football and basketball (well, I don't think NBA games for the most part have that good of an atmosphere. College basketball crowds are amazing though), the atmosphere in the stadium make the game that much more exciting.

So yeah, they are worth the price.

I have UF season tickets and they are $35 a game. and that's with the new price increase this year. where the heck do you sit to be paying $60 a game.....the sideline?!?!?!

i thought the highest ticket price was $52 a game. anyways, GO GATORS!

Edit: I just saw you said you sit upper deck. check your ticket prices. you should not be paying 60 bucks a game upper deck.

also, i feel going to a baseball game is a 100% different than watching one on TV. For one, everything that happens, you're in the game!

like on TV, when a guy hits a foul ball its no big deal. but when you're at the stadium, you are either trying to catch it or watching to see where it goes and if someone makes a sweet catch. also, its crazy to see the players up close and high fiving as they walk back to the dugout.

one last thing...when a team is on the road, they usually have a lot of their fans behind their dugout.....if the road teams pitcher pitches a gem through 7 and gets removed....everyone behind that road dugout stands up and claps...thats something you NEVER see on TV....you should hear the home crowd booing or something...

however...if you went to Yankee Stadium.....maybe people were too scared to cheer for the road team...lol....i would be!

Edit: I just saw you said you sit upper deck. check your ticket prices. you should not be paying 60 bucks a game upper deck.

Ahhh oops, miscalculated.

I have two season ticket seats and pay 500 dollars for them. I fucked up with my math and only equated one ticket (Which was $62.50) instead of doing both. So yeah, I actually only pay $31.25 for a ticket, sorry about that, haha.

But yeah, about baseball, there is more benefits of going to games than watching on T.V. and it's a lot more entertaining. I try to go to make the trip to Miami or Tampa whenever I can. What I meant though was the atmosphere in the stadium. There just isn't that buzz in the air.

Though I think it also suffers from the fact that not many people go to Marlin, Devil Rays, or Gator baseball games and therefore the atmosphere suffers from that. Like I said with the Yankees, it was a great atmosphere there and those two games were deffinatly the best baseball games I've been to even though I'm not a Yankee fan. But Yankee Stadium was also sold out on both accounts. UF Football games are almost always sold out, and Gator Basketball is now almost always sold out.

So I think the main problem with it is deffinatly the attendnace. Lesser attendance = not as active of a atmosphere.

I would have bought them if they would have been shipped pretty soon. This way I could go ahead and sell them for this year. I would have made a profit, but probably a net loss after the PSL's. Instead I would had to have waited til mid July to have them shipped. A college kid with that much of a sunk cost for that many months is not good! Fortunately I'm almost up for Redskins season tix, too!

Archived