Photoshop question - does it matter which version I use?

Jim825

I'm thinking about getting PhotoShop to be able to do my own graphics modding (logos, etc.). The full version of the latest PhotoShop (PhotoShop CS 8 ) is over $600! :shock: This is a bit more than I want to spend, to say the least.

I've seen older versions (PhotoShop 5, PhotoShop 6) on eBay for much less. Would an older version work well enough for MVP2004 graphics modding?

I can download a "tryout" version of PhotoShop from Adobe that works for 30 days, however, because they require you to register, I'm assuming that after you download it once you won't be able to download the "tryout" version again (unless you want to create a new Adobe login ID every 30 days).

Guest Mindwarped

not really

but

look for an oem edition on ebay for CS

OEM will not come with a manual but will be alot cheaper and you can buy your own book

I'm thinking about getting PhotoShop to be able to do my own graphics modding (logos, etc.). The full version of the latest PhotoShop (PhotoShop CS 8 ) is over $600! :shock: This is a bit more than I want to spend, to say the least.

I've seen older versions (PhotoShop 5, PhotoShop 6) on eBay for much less. Would an older version work well enough for MVP2004 graphics modding?

I can download a "tryout" version of PhotoShop from Adobe that works for 30 days, however, because they require you to register, I'm assuming that after you download it once you won't be able to download the "tryout" version again (unless you want to create a new Adobe login ID every 30 days).

I don't think it will matter which version you use, as long as you can save in the proper formats. I use PS7.0 which can be found for $60 on that site above :banghead: alot less than I paid for it :banghead:

Guest Mindwarped

I'd suggest getting Photoshop 7 if I were you. It's essentially the same exact thing as CS8 except for a couple minor performance tweaks, and it costs MUCH less.

not really performance tweeks, they added a handfull of new or improved functions

screw it

find it on newsgroups

easynews.com

pay for a month, 10 bucks I think and download the damn thing

Archived