How do they look?  

16 members have voted

1. 1.

• Last place
    • Scrap Heap
    • Contender
    • First Place

Why drop Biggio and Monroe?

Biggio = bad average and offers nothing else. Barfield should do better than Biggio, making Biggio worthless. He'll sit on your bench 6 days a week.

Monroe = bad average, decent amount of HRs. You've already got Swisher for that exact purpose, plus Swish can play 1st.

A philosophy that has always worked for me is having 0 or 1 bench player, and lots of benched pitchers. Position players play almost everyday, so it's pointless to have position players on the bench unless they're hurt.

Biggio = bad average and offers nothing else. Barfield should do better than Biggio, making Biggio worthless. He'll sit on your bench 6 days a week.

Monroe = bad average, decent amount of HRs. You've already got Swisher for that exact purpose, plus Swish can play 1st.

A philosophy that has always worked for me is having 0 or 1 bench player, and lots of benched pitchers. Position players play almost everyday, so it's pointless to have position players on the bench unless they're hurt.

What about Monday's and Thursdays?

Usually, there are 3-4 players that don't play on monday and then 3-4 more on thursday, if not more. Those are days where other people who aren't active will lose production and you might get lucky. I'd carry 3-4 bench players since I only need pitchers every 5 days.

You have a valid point there. But usually other managers will have that many players off on Mondays and Thursdays, too. I like to have the extra pitchers in case someone has a bad game, yo have the chance to make up for it with another pitcher. Plus, more RPs = better ERA and WHIP.

Top 5 Hitters:

Morgan Ensberg (3B)

Marcus Giles (2B) (Under Owner, it says "W, Feb 27")

Bobby Crosby (SS)

Chad Tracy (3B) (Under Owner, it says "W, Feb 27")

Jorge Cantu (2B)

Top 5 Pitchers:

Kerry Wood (SP)

John Patterson (SP)

Joel Zumaya (RP)

Francisco Liriano (SP-RP) (Under Owner, it says "W, Feb 27")

Jeremy Sowers (SP)

Kei Igawa (SP)

Archived