Portrait help

dwd3885

I am interested in creating a set of portraits, or at least adding some players without portraits photo in the game. How do I go about doing that? I tried MVPedit, but it seems when I try to change photo, it goes back to the original blank one. Do I need to use the EAGraphics editor too? I'm just a little lost. Thanks for your help.

unfortunely, i was looking for the same information, but it seems no one is willing to share their knowledge about this but yet i have seen posted some where before how people talk about the low rate of portrait updaters but obviously it cant be that big of a deal if no ones willing to share their information

I have gotten word that the photo has to be 128x128 though but this information still didnt help me so i am starting to think that you cant add photos just replace them.

Check out this thread. I have never made any photosets myself, but this was a helpful post, that might point you in the right direction.

remember that the image is 128x128 and that MVP 2004 stretches them 121% vertically

If you use photoshop, under image size uncheck contrain proportions and enter 82% in for the height value

save as a PSD (with tranparent background) use FshED to import them into the fsh files and you will not have any transparency problems

Well, well, well... aren't we a little bitchy tonite, eh? ;).

It's late, I'm sleepy and hungry... which means I won't go over every detail right now, so please, bare with me.

I use Photoshop as my graphics editor. To create a new portrait, I create a dual layered (transparent layers, btw) file that is 128x128x24b (72dpi). I edit the player's shape over layer #1 and leave layer #2 empty so that it works as a transparent background. As soon as the file is ready, I save it as a .PSD (standard photoshop format) file and then replace the default picture with this new image using EAGE. MVPEdit is used only to assign the specific photo ID # for those not present in the game.

I'm sorry if this is a little difficult to understand right now, but I'm really falling asleep here. Tomorrow I'll try to be more specific on the how-to, OK?.

G-nites,

D24.

Well, well, well... aren't we a little bitchy tonite, eh? ;).

It's late, I'm sleepy and hungry... which means I won't go over every detail right now, so please, bare with me.

I use Photoshop as my graphics editor. To create a new portrait, I create a dual layered (transparent layers, btw) file that is 128x128x24b (72dpi). I edit the player's shape over layer #1 and leave layer #2 empty so that it works as a transparent background. As soon as the file is ready, I save it as a .PSD (standard photoshop format) file and then replace the default picture with this new image using EAGE. MVPEdit is used only to assign the specific photo ID # for those not present in the game.

I'm sorry if this is a little difficult to understand right now, but I'm really falling asleep here. Tomorrow I'll try to be more specific on the how-to, OK?.

G-nites,

D24.

ok :D

G-nites,

D24.

Off-topic

Devil,

what the hell is wrong with your email? I emailed you the file you requested 3 times now! and you'r not getting the pm's either. This only happens with you, lol.

So just email me (click on mail button) :D

Have a good one (and my regards to BoricuaPapi and his family).

Hey K-Man... I don't know what's wrong with it dude, hehehe. That addy is working perfectly as we speak... heck, I've received like 5 emails from users from this forum in the last 2 hours or so with questions about the photo update.

Anyway, I will PM you my "personal" email addy.

Regards,

D24

Hey K-Man... I don't know what's wrong with it dude, hehehe. That addy is working perfectly as we speak... heck, I've received like 5 emails from users from this forum in the last 2 hours or so with questions about the photo update.

Anyway, I will PM you my "personal" email addy.

Regards,

D24

don't pm me again lol... just email me..

Edit: Let me know by email if you got it. Thanks :D

remember that the image is 128x128 and that MVP 2004 stretches them 121% vertically

If you use photoshop, under image size uncheck contrain proportions and enter 82% in for the height value

save as a PSD (with tranparent background) use FshED to import them into the fsh files and you will not have any transparency problems

MVP 2004 stretches them 121% vertically to 123% depending on what resolution you are playing the game at

Is it possible for some to provide specific step by step instructions on how to create portraits? Maybe create a tutorial on how it is done and have it available for download under the downloads section. I have Adobe Photo Shop but I am not an expert on using it. I only know how to use it for basic editing. I would like to work on the portraits for the Dodgers farm system. So far, I know the images need to be 128x128 in Bitmap image format. I have already gathered several hundred images from various minor leagues websites. I just need help with the transparency background part. Thank you.

hey i appreciate everyones help and reply's I can finally add new photos now, its a lot easier when someone explians it to you!, so thanks a lot and i am currently working on a photo update for my favorite team the braves, but i am only doing the AA team since freddy already did MLB and AAA in my opinion i would be wasting my time to try and copy over such great work.

you have to name the .fsh file a number for example 8453.fsh and then that would be a photo id understand?

and check devils first post to learn how to put photos on the game thats how i learned

Archived