A Call to Arms...The 2007 Washington Nationals

deepfat152

New Ownership Shakes Up Nationals Front Office

Washington Nationals ownership today announces the firing of GM Jim Bowden. "We thank Jim for setting this franchise on a positive course in his tenure but we the ownership felt that we needed to make a change in philosophy as well as personnel." Changes in the scouting department are in effect also as Dana Brown, Director of Scouting, has been notified of his release. "We as a franchise need to take a hard look at how we are evaluating talent. We have had high draft picks as well as highly touted minor league talent which hasn't translated to wins on the field. We refuse to use past instability as an excuse." On the managerial front, Manny Acta is expected to remain the team's manager.

The Lerner family is expected to name Bowden and Brown's replacements within the week.

Nationals announce new GM and Director of Scouting

Nationals ownership today announce the hiring of Marc Drewson as new team Vice-President and General Manager. This is viewed as a surprise of sorts as there were more seasoned GM candidates interviewed. "Marc is part of the new breed of young, aggressive, and talented executives on the market today." Drewson, who worked under Billy Bean in Oakland will be one the youngest executives in baseball at 29 years old. Said Drewson at his press conference, "The Lerner family has assured me that they will not be afraid to spend while building from within. My first priority is to see what we have and how we can manipulate our manpower in order to translate it to wins on the field."

The Nationals also announced the hiring of Drewson's brother, Shane, as Director of Scouting. Shane Drewson has been a college scout for the past 5 years in the Cardinals organization. "Shane has a great track record for evaluating players not only in the collegiate level but the amateur level as well."

Not bad, Im following, give me a little eye candy, and you will definitely have something here. Looking forward to the 1st game :)

Sorry guys but hard drive took a noser on me. Will replace today, reload and move forward with another dynasty.

Archived