This is the best way to install the MVP07 mod...

RaptorQuiz

In order to install the MVP07 mod, and bring it fully up to date, and eliminate the most common/pesky issues, follow this checklist:

1. Install the 07 mod (using the installer included with the download: CLICK HERE).

2. Install KC's 1x uniforms (only if studdering is present when you play: CLICK HERE).

3. Install the eamods.com 07 patch (#2 is the current version: CLICK HERE, if that link doesn't work, CLICK HERE INSTEAD).

4. Install Trues' pitch meter location fix (if you use pitch cam #6: CLICK HERE).

5. Install Trues' 07 overlay to restore the top/bottom inning indicator (CLICK HERE).

6. Install the crash-fix for the stadiums that Pirate altered, if you find that your game crashes when you try to play a game in them (Turner Field: Night, Safeco Field: Night and Day, Ameriquest Field: Night and Day, and Chase Field: Night and Day: CLICK HERE).

7. Install the latest roster of your choosing (should be the same version (UR or KG) you selected during step #1).

...then...

8. Install any other tweaks/mods your heart desires.

This should correct any cyberface issues (the patch does this), the issue if you use the behind-the-pitcher pitching-camera where the baserunner PIP covers the pitch meter (True's pitch meter fix does this), and the issue where the red bar indicating if it is the top/bottom of the inning and the jumbo tron issue (True's overlay does this). If you experience studdering (choppiness) of game play, step #2 fixes this (KCCityStar's 1x uniforms).

The stadium fixes in step #6 correct crashing problems that SOME people reported. You need to install these only if YOU experience crashing when trying to play in these stadiums.

I hope this helps anyone experiencing any common problems/issues!

Happy gaming!

EDIT:

All of this can safely be ignored now, as on EAmods.com there is a version of the download called the "reboot edition" which takes care of all the issues.

Get that, and you're good to go.

I should also mention, that I had some issues with the mod and with some of the add-ons (KC's 1x uniforms, for instance) that were caused by not having it installed to a default folder.

This means having it in "X:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005" where "X" is whatever drive you happen to have it on. While it might be more convienient to have it in a custom folder (such as "X:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2007 MOD") or something like that, it seems to cause more problems than it's really worth. So a final suggestion would be to install to the default folder:

X:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005

...and that's during step #1 in my previous post, for those who might be unsure.

If someone comes up with something they think should be added to this list, please PM it to me (or Trues, or one of the rest of the staff) and someone will add it to the checklist.

This means you, mod-authors. If you know of anything, that is.

• 3 months later...

If you are having problems with crashing, and you use a firewall, here is some more information:

A lot of people are having problems with the game crashing, here is some info

when I put 07 together I was using Kerio firewall, the game played fine and installed fine

I recently got a new computer and it really did not like kerio, so I have tried just about every firewall program out there

Here are my results, NONE of them like MVP 2005 or the 07 mod

The 07 mod installs at the command line level, and most of these firewalls are now more that just firewalls, they monitor programs and decide it they should have access to what it is trying to do. When most people install a firewall they pick EASY and not Advanced so they never get a pop up window asking if it is OK for the program to do its thing, the program is just reject without the user even knowing

Of the programs I have tried ALL f**k with the installing of 07 or playing the game

Zone Alarm

Comodo

Jetico Personal Firewall

Safety.Net

PC-Cillin

plus some other I can not remember

Spyware & Antivirus software with program control will do the same thing

Any firewall with it weight will stop the game at the loading screen when it is about 90% done loading, it is at that point MVP wants to act as a server (if you do not allow it the game will crash).

All I have tried except Comodo gave me a pop up screen (but like I said most people turn off the pop ups), Comodo just crashed the game

the best way to install is to disable your local area connection in the control panel, exit all firewalls, spyware & antivirus software

Run the installer

reable your local area connection

reboot

once rebooted, give MVP2005.exe premission to act as a server in all your firewall, spyware & antivirus software

Why can't a firewall just be a firewall anymore, WTF is up with all this program control, it is almost as bad as vista

...and...

All of the above is true...some firewalls can be overly aggressive with their protection. Blink, from eEye Digital Security, which I am trying at the moment is quite aggressive, but it gives the pop-up windows like Comodo, and with a few clicks, enables you to disable each protection module.

It's all-in-one protection...firewall, anti-virus and anti-malware, anti-identity theft, etc.

One thing that I think should be strongly stressed for those that are able to do so, would be to install a copy of MVP 2005 with whatever patches, and then copy that to a DVD.

I have both a clean, patched, working copy of 2005 and '07 saved to DVD. I learned the hard way to have that available.

It can come in handy when things get screwed up due to new rosters or whatever new things are installed that have the possibility to mess with your working copy.

This information is from EAMods.com. LINK: http://www.eamods.com/index.php?name=Forum...iewtopic&t=1602

• 1 year later...

So, do you install at step 1 and then skip to the edit, or do you install the edit only? Is this done over the MVP 05 install or do you start fresh using either step 1 or the edit as the actual game install?

If you have the MVP05 discs, you don't even need to install the game first.

Just have the discs ready, download the MVP07:Reboot from EAmods, and install it. The installer will ask you for the original MVP05 discs when it needs them.

• 3 weeks later...

i just installed all this...

what uni's should i use now that the KC's 1x are gone?

The ones that the 07 mod installed should be fine, unless you get "stuttering" or choppy gameplay - then you might need 1x uniforms, but those won't be available until EAmods.com comes back online. No timeline on that, at the moment. Should be "soon."

• 3 weeks later...

Archived