MVP2004 Startup

Chicago11

There is always a way... but you're going to have to search somewhere else for the answer. The problem is that if you have a pirated copy of the game, not saying that you do, then you are more likely to want this fix. But for that reason, we can't help you out.

on this note slightly just curious. let me first state i do have a legit copy of the game! has anyone tried the no cd workaround to see if it irons out any of the graphical choppiness? i remember the FPS vietcong had graphic problems because it was so demanding on pc's. so one of the solutions was to install that particular "workaround". it resulted in better graphic quality due to the fact that the cd-rom wasn't constantly being checked for the security encryption (a bug supposedly ironed out later). don't know what type of security (securom, safedisk etc. ea is using on this title) just curious if anyone who has used the no-cd "workaround" has noticed any graphics improvement. just a thought.

Nope... the graphics are still choppy, even with the no-cd fix, at least on my machine... I also do own the game, but I have no-cd fix for litterlly every game I own, you see, it is a pain to switch CDs constantly when you have 2 CDs drives, and about 4 games that you play regularly. As long as used for the right reasons, No-Cd fixes are great, but in general wont fix any performace issues. the only this i did notice with this fix, is that it tries to read my A: drive whenever the game starts... kinda wierd.

And to answer you question about the type of protection, i'm pretty sure all EA titles use safedisk, basically this makes a CD image of the game installable, just not playable, hence why people with these versions are more interested in finding a no-cd fix ASAP.

Nope... the graphics are still choppy, even with the no-cd fix, at least on my machine... I also do own the game, but I have no-cd fix for litterlly every game I own, you see, it is a pain to switch CDs constantly when you have 2 CDs drives, and about 4 games that you play regularly. As long as used for the right reasons, No-Cd fixes are great, but in general wont fix any performace issues. the only this i did notice with this fix, is that it tries to read my A: drive whenever the game starts... kinda wierd.

And to answer you question about the type of protection, i'm pretty sure all EA titles use safedisk, basically this makes a CD image of the game installable, just not playable, hence why people with these versions are more interested in finding a no-cd fix ASAP.

2 things:

1. The no-cd crack you're refering to is the culprit, for Drive A searching. It's badly done. A well done no-cd has no drive a search. There is one out there, but you'll have to look . If you hate the drive searching, and it sure would annoy me, I'd use the CD, like it was meant :D

Enough on that subject.

2. The reason the graphics are choppy is the camera angles you are using and the way EA made them. I have a new camera mod coming out soon that, to the saying of some of the beta testers, removes the choppiness almost completly.

Archived