help on pitching for summer league

dizvietboi

umm i need pitching tip and techniques because im thinking about playing for a summer league so i can get ready for my high school season for next year.

my pitching repitoire consists of

-an okay 4-seam fastball (70-79 mph)

-2-seam fastball (60-65)

-a nasty slider (i discovered on accident)

-knucklecurve

-changeup (resembles an eephus)

-on some occassions a knuckler

which pitch do i need to work on and how? my windup is like the roy oswalt but different. i bended my right leg too much on the rubber on i did okay til i bended it slightly and i increased my velocity and my slider had alot of break to it.

Here are some simple tips:

How about you challenge yourself to see how many first pitch strikes you can throw down in the zone.

Work on developing a routine that you will stick to no matter what.

Simple enough. Summer ball is about working on what you have struggled on during the season. It's about getting serious and getting better. I know at your age it is really hard to stick to a routine. That being said, if you want to become an elite high school pitcher you better put the work in that is necessary.

i would pick your two best pitches(one of which should be some sort of fastball) an really work on them. In high school if you can throw a 75-80mph fast ball with decent control and than have some sort of breaking pitch you can throw for strikes mixed in with a few garbage pitches you can do pretty well.

• 4 weeks later...

if you can, throw (play catch every single day you can, to help build arm strength. try to hide the ball from the batter as long as possible to add deception, it works really good on high school hitters, they barely see the ball and its already by them. funny as F**K to see the look on their faces when they just got blown away by a 65mph fastball!! just makes them mad, and then you've got em'.

if you are still in high school take it from me and drop the knuckleball. Honestly man all you need is 4,2 seamers, change and a breaking ball. And I would like to see you throw as I teach high school pitchers now here in Canada as I can no longer play myself cause of a shoulder injury from hockey and baseball and now I can only pitch hard for about 30 pitches. But if you are wondering about me not knowing much cause I am up here I played on team manitoba 19 and under as a 14 year old and then on team Alberta as a 15 and 16 year old and had a few invites to camps, and then hurt my shoulder right before my 17 year. And have been working with pitchers since. And you might want to check out dick mills pitching. He helped me out ALOT. He teaches you not to drive but to pull of your left leg (if your a righty). It helped me out ALOT

• 2 months later...

try to hide the ball from the batter as long as possible to add deception, it works really good on high school hitters, they barely see the ball and its already by them. funny as F**K to see the look on their faces when they just got blown away by a 65mph fastball!! just makes them mad, and then you've got em'.

You're not serious, are you? That might be the worst piece of pitching advice I have ever heard.

doing the throwing program last winter, i went from only being able to throw 60-70 pitches a game to 90-100 almost effortlessly.

SESbb, what level are you pitching at?

Archived