Ripken Experience-Myrtle Beach, SC

MarlinsMS_35

I'm going to the Ripken Experience at Myrtle Beach 8/12-8/17 with my team for the 13u riptide tournament. This would be my first national tournament, and I'm obsessing. Classic Stadium Replicas, MLB Dugouts, Great competition, pure excitement, etc. We're from Florida, and well we don't realize how good we may be compared to the nation, becuase we get to play year round, and have more experience. I guess it could be true, but I don't know, if you're good, you're good. I E-mailed the Ripken experience asking if they could tell me the list of teams, but I expect one of those stupid automated E-mails back. So has anyone gone here before, and if so what are your opinions, comments, etc?

Site:

http://www.ripkentournaments.com/myrtlebeach.cfm

Oh yea.....

Go Bombers!

logo1.jpg

:D

My sister has a softball tournament up in Myrtle Beach also in early July, so when I'm up there I'm going to check out the place where I'm going to be playing. If the Polo Grounds replica is full size, and since I play OF for my team.......... thats going to be extremely tough, It's 280 down LF, 258 down RF, and our field that we played on when we were 54'/80' was 300 all the way around, we will be knocking a few out of the yard down the lines, but in CF with 483, and if I play CF, which I very well might. If a ball gets by me, I'm running for days, and days, and days.

I Can't Wait :D

The Ripken People E-mailed me back with the list of teams, it's pretty cool, the tournament is made mostly out of Eastern teams, and the 3 other Florida teams, we've played before, not specifically when I was on the Bombers, but when I was on other teams, and I feel confident we can beat them. There is a Staten Island team that might be the same group from the LLWS last year, we're the same age group, and that would be pretty cool.

My sister has a softball tournament up in Myrtle Beach also in early July, so when I'm up there I'm going to check out the place where I'm going to be playing. If the Polo Grounds replica is full size, and since I play OF for my team.......... thats going to be extremely tough, It's 280 down LF, 258 down RF, and our field that we played on when we were 54'/80' was 300 all the way around, we will be knocking a few out of the yard down the lines, but in CF with 483, and if I play CF, which I very well might. If a ball gets by me, I'm running for days, and days, and days.

I Can't Wait :D

Dude, that sounds really sweet that you can play in the "Polo Grounds." I would get such a rush if I were to play there. Good luck and have fun!

Archived