04 for 05

yankeeboi14

I am not sure if there is a roster set that was done. You could do one of the following:

You can import the 2004 roster using Lahman's database into MVPEdit. But then you would have to edit the ratings for all the players. That could get tedious.

Another way would be to make the changes yourself in MVPEdit. Just import the .DAT files that came with the game and swap players here and there to get the correct roster set. That way you wouldn't have to edit the ratings for each player.

Either way it is sure to be a tedious process.

Not sure but I seem to recall that you could create your 04 rosters by importing them (the default EASports 04 rosters from the 04 game) with MVPEdit to create an MVPEdit 04 .mbe file (of course that depends if you still have the 04 game or someone could send an 04 roster imported with MVPEdit) ---- then MVPEdit has a conversion tool to convert 04 rosters to the 05 version .......... so I think it could be done fairly easily with only minor face # adjustments necessary.

Then again you might be able to just find a set of 04 rosters in the download section and then use MVPEdit to convert them to the 05 format.

Nope not really any news on it at this point.

Robert Glass did produce that .mbe migration tool which really helps reduce the time making rosters by allowing the input of multiple .mbe roster files to match players personal attributes and a few skilled attributes to update the output .mbe very quickly.

Basically let's say you have created a basic 1982(? or whatever year) .mbe roster file --- You could use that migration tool to import the Total Classics .mbe file, the TC78 & 1994 & 1987 & 1988 .mbe files etc etc etc and all matching players (by first and last name) would have a great deal of their personal attributes and some basic skill attributes updated for you saving a great deal of time while maintaining a great deal of consistency between full season roster mods.

Other than that Robert Glass appears to have sunset his MVPEdit tool --- which is unfortunate because there are a few areas to improve it in my opinion ---- Although I have to say it has been a Major contributor to where we all are these days with these great roster mods !!! For that I will always have a great deal of respect & appreciation for Mr Glass's MVPEdit.

yankeeboi14,

I don't know much about mvp 07 but after you use the MVPEdit conversion tool you basically have an importable roster that you should be able to just import into mvp 07 or what ever version of mvp you have. The only possible issue might be a few number of mis assigned face #'s depending on what models.big you are using.

Archived