the new White Sox

JP_Frost

okay, in celebration of my 100th post, I wanted to show you guys my White Sox team that I'm currently using in my dynasty.

1B: Adam Laroche

2B: Juan Uribe

3B: Joe Crede

SS: Jose Reyes/B.J. Upton

LF: Torii Hunter

CF: Andruw Jones

RF: Adam Dunn

C: Ben Davis/Guillermo Quiroz

DH: Aaron Rowand

Bench:

2B: Willie Harris

RF: Borchard

SS: Upton/Reyes

C: Davis/Quiroz

util: Sadler ( I believe )

Rotation:

SP: Andy Pettitte

SP: Josh Beckett

SP: Mark Buehrle

SP: Jon Garland

SP: B. Kim

Bullpen:

LRP: Neal Cotts

LRP: Felix Diaz

MRP: Chris Reitsma

MRP: Brandon Duckworth

SU: Damaso Marte

CP: K. Tadano

I'm holding the wildcard spot at the moment, just 2 games to the Twins who are leading the division. I'm about a month past the allstar break, maybe more...and so far Pettitte has been spot on with a 14-4 record. Tadano is leading the league in saves with 33 and Jones is leading my team in homers ( 40 ) and RBI's ( 75 ). What do you guys think about this team...oh and before I forget to mention, I have about 8,000 points in the bank. :mrgreen:

not bad huh?

no, not 40 at all star break. I'm somewhere near September I think. I've played over a 100 games this season.

I'm gonna not gonna look for an ace in the offseason, but maybe a solid 4 or 5 starter. I got Pettitte and Beckett already. As far as 1st base goes. Laroche is delivering for me, but I might try to get someone else as well for that position.

also...loaded? besides Jones, Dunn and Hunter, there aren't many superstars on this team.

hmmm, thanx for the advice though

Here is my Sox dynasty. I'm barely into May with a 22-10 record, 1/2 behind Min. Since it's still early season, I havent made tons of changes yet.

DH: Frank

1b: Konerko

2b: WHarris/Uribe

SS: CIzturis/Uribe

3b: Crede

LF: Carlos Lee

CF: Rowand/Borchard

RF: Magglio

C: MOlivo/Koyie Hill (Olivo on DL, Burke call-up)

Utility: Freel

SP1: FGarcia

SP2: Buehrle

SP3: Garland

SP4: Hampton

SP5: Jose Acevedo/SW Kim (still working to improve)

CL: Takatsu

Set-up: RH-Koch, LH- Marte

Rest of pen: Cotts, Wunsch, Politte, Chad Cordero

• 4 months later...

OK, since I'm waiting for an exceptional Total Minors to start a dynasty in 05, I've been continuing this dynasty. It's now late June and I'm 10.5 up on the Twins (with the best record in baseball)- with the roster revamped a bit more:

2b: Figgins/WHarris

SS: CIzturis/Figgins

CF: Rowand

C: Pierzynski/MOlivo

Bench: Freel, Jeremy Reed, LNiekro (basically only as a def. repl. at 1b).

SP3: Garland

SP5: Pavano

Set-up: RH-Mota, LH- Marte

Rest of pen: Wunsch, LVizcaino, Tadano (on DL, replaced by Adkins for now).

I still have over 1200 in the bank, and my AAA team is loaded with more ML-quality pitchers if I need them: Carlos Silva, Westbrook, Brazelton... I also still have Cotts, CCordero, Kim and KHill, they're just all at Charlotte.

yah, kim is a no no...release kim, buy either a young gun, or possibly get an ace if available..also look into a new first baseman...and also, some good relievers

Definately...that guy had an era of like 21.56 or sumthin when i traded him in my last season.....my team era avg was like a 3.15 at the end of the season too.....so its not me...that Kim guy is just horrible

I moved Kim to reliever in my current dynasty and has done well. Seems to be good at getting out of jams. Last time I brought him in, bases loaded no outs, first pitch turned into a triple play. :) And since people seem to be posting their dynasty, I'll do mine. It's not a White Sox team, but it is the Red Sox.

C- Mauer, J.D.Closser

1B-V.Martinez(he's my favorite player so I'm finding him a place to play)

2B- R. Weeks, C. Utley

3B- B. Upton, D. McPherson

SS- A. Rodriguez, R. Adams

LF - H. Matsui

CF- F. Pie, J. Reed

RF- Ichiro

SP- K. Wood

SP- R. Clemens

SP- Oliver Perez

SP- D. Willis

SP- S. Kazmir

LRP- J. Cruz

RP- B. Lidge

RP- B. Ryan

RP- B. Kim

RP- E. Ramirez

SU- B. Wagner

CP- F. Rodriguez

Needless to say I did a lot of trading. Originally I had Pujols, but he was pissed at me for something so I dealt him for A-Rod, moved Upton to 3B, then traded David Wright for V. Martinez and started using him at 1B. I chose the RedSox only cause I like their stadium and I had the high rated players to trade. I also have DH turned off as I feel every game with the DH thats played kills baseball slightly.

Upton, while incredibly talented offensively, isn't very good defensively. In fact last I heard the Rays were considering sending him back to AAA to start the season cause of his defensive problems. Mainly his throwing. So I moved him to 3B as A-Rod is much better defensively. If Upton progresses well he may move back to SS eventually, but for now I'd rather him play 3B as he'll have less chances to make errors. So far its worked out quite nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

OK. I just now passed the allstar break. After the first interleague series w the cubs, i decided I needed to upgrade from garland. I traded him and a minor leaguer for Matt Clement. Three days later, Pavano got injured for 80 days! So, I was forced to call up Silva. Here's what I've got now:

2b: Figgins/WHarris

SS: CIzturis/Figgins

CF: Rowand

C: Pierzynski/MOlivo

Bench: Freel, Jeremy Reed, LNiekro (basically only as a def. repl. at 1b).

SP3: Clement

SP5: Carlos Silva (Pavano on 60 dl)

Set-up: RH-Mota, LH- Marte

Rest of pen: Wunsch, LVizcaino, Tadano

I'm 17 up on Minnesota and cruising to the best record (I was 63-18 after 81).

Archived