Cartersyard - A few questions

five

I first posted this in another thread, but right after I posted it, it got locked.

First Question:

From Your Readme:

THIS UNIFORM SET HAS BEEN DESIGNED TO BE AN ADDITION TO THE ALREADY EXISTING UNIFORMS IN THE GAME. IT WILL NOT OVERWRITE ANY OF THE UNIFORMS THAT CAME WITH THE GAME. IT WILL HOWEVER OVERWRITE ANY UNIFORM THAT YOU HAVE IN THE 0##a POSITION.

Is it as simple as, renaming the 0##a.fsh to 0##b.fsh and also renaming the f###a.fsh and u###a.fsh to f###b.fsh and u###b.fsh? I realize that I would have to manually edit the 0##.fsh file (the one that has a uniform picture of all of the available unis).

If I already have something in the J slot can I just rename all of the files to K and have it take up the K slot?

Is this making sense? If it is as simple as renaming the last alpha digit, how far can I go? I mean is it possible to go from A to Z?

Second Question:

I have been using the Blue Jays Retro Unis and I believe I have uncovered a mistake:

bjays_retro.png

Is this the way the bottom of the jersey was meant to look?

To give you an idea of what exactly I am trying to do, I have Syxxo's Astros Unis extracted and I am trying to add them to the game manually. With the ones I already have installed it would bring my uni count to 12 for the Astros, so I can't use fuzzones prog.

After I extracted the files I got were:

021.fsh

a021a.fsh

a021b.fsh

a021c.fsh

a021d.fsh

f021a.fsh

f021b.fsh

f021c.fsh

f021d.fsh

u021a.fsh

u021b.fsh

u021c.fsh

u021d.fsh

I took the current 021.fsh and added all of the pics of the 4 new jersies manually. I renamed these 4 jersies from a-d to k-n.

I then added all of the files, including some homemade 021k-n.fsh files. (I just took the exsisting 021a-d.fsh files and saved them as k-n.) to the models.big and uniforms.big.

Something in the uniforms.big file is causing my game to crash as soon as I advance to the "Choose Uni" screen. When I put my backed up uniforms.big (with the new models.big) file the game runs fine.

So I think my models.big file is okay and something is hokey with my uniforms.big file. When I look at it in EA Graphics, everything appears to be fine.

Any advice?

I tried fuzzones program to display the jersies and it showed the first 4 jersies correctly.

Does that mean the game simply won't recognize more than 9? It's crashing because 9 is the limit and I am trying to show 12?

if it was possible to add 12, i would have allowed you too.

maybe there's a letter out there that you can add one more past 9. who knows.

try to first add 10, and see if it works and with what letter.

Archived