Who Will Win The World Series?

yankees1979

Who Will Win The World Series?  

46 members have voted

1. 1.

• St. Louis Cardinals
    • Boston Red Sox

I gotta go with St. Louis. They have been the best team all year and have the best lineup in baseball. They play better defense as well. The only advantage that I will give Boston is in their starting pitching.

There is also this little thing that Boston has going against them....1918. I wouldn't mind seeing Boston win, but I just can't see them beating the best team in baseball. I really think that this will be a great series, but usually the best team wins, and this year it is St. Louis.

St. Louis in 6.

I really think that this will be a great series, but usually the best team wins, and this year it is St. Louis.

not always does the best team win...the marlins werent better than the yankees...the Dbacks werent better than the yankees...and there is alot more...

St. Louis will win in 6 games. Boston has the advantage of playing the first two games at home. Keep in mind that St. Louis has gone undefeated so far at home in the playoffs...that's a huge advantage for them if they can keep that going. You also have to like the chances that St. Louis will get lucky and steal a game or two at Fenway if needed. Here's how it is going to break down:

Game 1: STL wins (1-0 STL)

Game 2: Boston wins...Schilling (tied 1-1)

Game 3: STL wins...Pedro can't live up to the hype (STL leads 2-1)

Game 4: STL wins (STL leads 3-1)

Game 5: Boston wins (STL leads 3-2)

Game 6: STL wins (STL wins series 4-2)

Gotta be the sox.

Game 1: Red Sox continue riding the high from coming back from the dead in the ALCS. (Sox 1-0)

Game 2: Schilling on the hill. If Brandon Backe can shutout the Cards for 8 innings, surely Schilling can. (Sox 2-0)

Game 3: Pedro blows up. Cards Win. (Sox 2-1)

Games 4 & 5: Busch stadium wins these two. (Cards 3-2)

Games 6 & 7: Fenway retaliates. (Sox 4-3)

Seeing that the teams will win all the series games at home and seeing that the Cardinals had the better regular season and should have had home field advantage, MLB decides to revoke the winner of the All Star game getting home field advantage rule. Stupidest rule in baseball.

St. Louis will win in 6 games. Boston has the advantage of playing the first two games at home. Keep in mind that St. Louis has gone undefeated so far at home in the playoffs...that's a huge advantage for them if they can keep that going. You also have to like the chances that St. Louis will get lucky and steal a game or two at Fenway if needed. Here's how it is going to break down:

Game 1: STL wins (1-0 STL)

Game 2: Boston wins...Schilling (tied 1-1)

Game 3: STL loses...Pedro (STL leads 2-1)

Game 4: STL wins (STL leads 3-1)

Game 5: Boston wins (STL leads 3-2)

Game 6: STL wins (STL wins series 4-2)

SO its 1-1 .. and STL loses... how is it STL lead 2-1?

ok some people totally disregarded what i said. its not who you HOPE wins its who is more likely going to win. this poll really sucks. if the ratio is 2-1 red sox winning, then thats crazy to me. i do think the red sox have a good team but st louis is just crazy good. then again how many other teams came back from 0-3? i still put my money on the cards.

The STL really stumbled after winning the 1st two games of the NLCS.... They couldn't keep their Momentum but .. they got it back after 3 straight from the Astros... who I thought should of won...but things happen. I really think Boston can win this WS... not because of some bias non-sense... but down 0-3 to the Yankees... who are like the STL of the AL.. Its hard to say they won't win.

yup moose is right ...they prob have lost some momentum because of the break...i dont think boston should hope that they win because after the riots fenway should be burned down and 100s would be dead because they dont know how to control them selves....

Archived