* 2007-2008 Baseball Premier League *

redsox

[align=center]2007-2008 Baseball Premier League[/align]

The Scenario

The fall-classic is over and the Boston Red Sox have been crowned the 2007 World Series champions. With the 2008 spring training a few months away, Major League Baseball Association has decided to setup a baseball tournament that is expected to be implemented once every 3 years.

The tournament – called the 2007-2008 Baseball Premier League – will be played from December 9th, 2007 to January 23rd, 2008. All of the players under contract with a team will be placed in the free-agency pool. Each team will then be assigned an owner to draft the squad for his/her team. BPL will honor the Negro-Leagues by sporting their team names and replica jerseys. The commissioner has stated that MLB MAY implement a salary cap for the first time, but added that it if it did, it will be exclusive only to BPL. During a span of 7 days, each team will have an opportunity to draft free-agents to come play for their team. Once the 25 positions on each MLB team have been filled, the owner(s) will then have 2 days to assign a captain, a manager, and make all the necessary roster adjustments (lineups/starting rotation/bullpen).

Ted Williams League

Atlanta Black Crackers

Baltimore Black Sox

Birmingham Black Barons

Cleveland Buckeyes

Kansas City Monarchs

Newark Eagles

Pittsburgh Crawfords

Jackie Robinson League

Baltimore Elite Giants

Brooklyn Royal Giants

Cincinnati Tigers

Cleveland Cubs

Homestead Grays

Memphis Red Sox

New York Cubans

League Championship Stage

Each team in the Ted Williams League and Jackie Robinson League will play the other 6 teams in their respective league once. Each win will earn the team four (4) points while a loss will earn them zero (0) points. A regular game will last 7 innings and if extra innings are needed the teams will play for at most 11 innings. If the game is still tied after 11 innings, both teams will split the 4 points amongst themselves (two (2) points for each). At the end of the League Championship Stage, the points will be added together for each team and the top 3 from each league will move on to the Super Six Stage.

Carry over points to the Super Six Stage

As an example, the following 3 teams from each league have qualified for the Super Six Stage – Ted Williams League: Atlanta, Baltimore, and Cleveland. Jackie Robinson League: Cincinnati, Memphis, and New York.

Each of these 6 teams will carry over the points they have earned by playing against any of the other 5 teams who have advanced to the next stage with them. For example, if the Atlanta Black Crackers had won against both Baltimore Black Sox and Cleveland Buckeyes, then the Black Crackers would carry over a total of 8 points.

Super Six Stage

The Super Six Stage is setup the same way as the League Championship Stage. Each team will play the other 5 teams in this stage once and at the end the points will be totaled for each team. The top 4 teams will then advance to the Semi-Final Stage.

Semi-Final Stage

The top-ranked team from the Super Six Stage will face the 3rd ranked team and the 2nd ranked team will face the 4th ranked team. The winner of each game will eventually move on to the BPL Championship Stage.

BPL Championship Stage

The two teams that won their games in the semi-final stage will eventually play against each other in a 3-game series to determine the Baseball Premier League Champion.

Venues – TBA

Team Owners – TBA

Draft Order (serpentine)

1. Cincinnati Tigers

2. Newark Eagles

3. Baltimore Black Sox

4. Homestead Grays

5. New York Cubans

6. Atlanta Black Crackers

7. Cleveland Buckeyes

8. Brooklyn Royal Giants

9. Pittsburgh Crawfords

10. Birmingham Black Barons

11. Memphis Red Sox

12. Baltimore Elite Giants

13. Kansas City Monarchs

14. Cleveland Cubs

Draft Results – TBA

As always, wanted to present something unique, and thought I would get the word out to let you know as to what you can expect in the near future. I had been wanting to do something very similar to this for a long time but never really did get the time to commit until now. I am planning on completing this before my college starts back up in Fall as I probably won't have the time to finish it then.

Don't worry, there will be plenty of graphics throughout this one to keep all of you interested. I still have to create the uniforms, set the rosters, and of course come up with some new graphics to present this. But once everything is setup to my liking, and once I start presenting, I think all of you will enjoy this.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived