Fielding help/info needed

TRJA

I just got MVP 2004 yesterday, I also got a Logitech Dual Action controller (my old Microsoft sidewinder just wasn't doing it for PC games anymore). Well anyways I am having SERIOUS problems fielding in this game, I am playing on the Pro level and it seems that the computer always hits the ball into the outfield "Just out of my players reach", then if I try to dive I horribly miss the ball and usually give up a or triple in the park homerun . However, the computer NEVER misses a ball even when it seems the fielder is not going to make it to the ball they always make a perfect diving catch.

So my question is.....is there a button I am mising somewhere that "speed boosts" your fielder to get to the ball or am I just SOL?

First of thank you both for the responses.

Jpup,

I increased it to 15 and that really didn't seem to help enough (probably because I am still trying to learn the new conttroller), I now have the setting at 25 and I seem to be giving up a LOT less "in the park homers" (Only 0-2 now as oppossed to 4-5 before.)

Jaugustavo04,

What does the datafile you are talking about do and how do I use it?

As always any help is appreciated:).

What does the datafile you are talking about do and how do I use it?

You can read all about it here.

All you have to do is extract it to:

%programfiles%EA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2004data

There are three versions of v4 floating around so far, my suggestion is to try each of them until you find one you like. If you find you like parts of one and parts of another, just post back and we'll help you make the best datafile for you.

Thank you once again for the reply. I

D/L'd that DATAfile and installed it where the instructions said to. However, maybe I am missing something though, now when I go into "Gameplay tuning" all the values are set at "0" (for all lvls, except for the previous changes I made to the Pro lvl which stayed the same)), is that datafile supposed to set the values when I installed it? Or do I need to go in manually after it is installed and set the values myself?

I assumed (and yes we know what happens when you do that ;), that the whole point of the file was to set the values and everything for you.

As always any help/info here is appecriated.

Edit: Something else I just thught of, If I alrady had a Dynasty started and then just now put in this datafile...does the previous started dynasty use this datafile or no?

Just downloading the datafile.txt will not modify your slider settings. You have to do that manually. The datafile.txt file affects aspects of the game that you cannot adjust with just the sliders.

As far as the sliders go, you have to manually modify the settings for every level you want to play on (Pro, All-Star, etc.). I made this mistake when I decided to start playing games in All-Star mode. I had assumed that the slider settings I had configured in Pro mode (which is the mode I used when I first got the game) would also be used in All-Star mode.

A few weeks later, I decided to tweak a few of the All-Star sliders and that's when I noticed that they were all zero! Only after noticing that my Pro mode sliders were set properly did I realize that you can have separate slider settings for each level.

OK so just to make sure I understadn this correctly.....Putting the datafile in (which I already did), fixes things liek the CPU outfielders making AMAZING diving catches on each hit, the wierd bounces off the walls , etc right?

And then for my (personal) gameplay I manually go in and adjust the sliders(?)

So I have this correct now?

And thank you once again (everyone) for your help with my newbness. :)

OK so just to make sure I understadn this correctly.....Putting the datafile in (which I already did), fixes things liek the CPU outfielders making AMAZING diving catches on each hit, the wierd bounces off the walls , etc right?

And then for my (personal) gameplay I manually go in and adjust the sliders(?)

So I have this correct now?

And thank you once again (everyone) for your help with my newbness. :)

That's right, also diving catches for user are very difficult in this game. You may also increase the slider for "User difficulty dive" something like this. I never made a diving out, only roller in the infield.

Archived