Classics Question

VTek33

So I finally got around to installing some of the classic years for MVP and they're awesome! I have a question though:

I renamed my MVP folder so I could install a fresh copy of MVP in order to convert that fresh install to a classic year. I did 61,67,88, and TC 9 and they all work, but the gameplay is choppy. I forgot to install Patch 5 (I forget if that fixes the choppiness problem?.) Will renaming one of my classic years to MVP Baseball 2005 and then running patch 5 work? I'm just trying to figure out a way to fix the problem without having to delete all my installs, patching them, and reinstalling all those years.

Patch #2 fixed the choppiness issue. When you install the patch, it looks for the default game files that were installed from the CD's (or officially patched). It looks at the file dates, file sizes, etc. If it does not find them, the patch installation will abort. That's why you need to install the patches BEFORE you install the mods.

Thanks, Jim. I thought that was the case. I originally copied my entire MVP 08 folder and converted it to classic 88 and didn't have any choppiness (because I had patched it way back) but then I had this years walk-up dittys for the 88 players, so it wasn't realistic.

Archived