10 most frustrating things about MVP 2004

stranger2001

Of course this is on MVP level..

1.Has anyone figured how how to drive for a ground ball in the infield and still have time to get up and throw the runner out????

2.Blue zones dont seem to matter. Why the hell even put them there? Low and away & out the strike zone seems to be the only way to get batters out. As a matter, I cant even throw fastballs-They get crushed.

3.Am I the only one whose HR to RBI ratio is a rather weird 1:1.5?...40 HR-60 RBI's? Does anyone rack together a few singles or doubles to to score. I sure as hell dont. The amount of solo HRers is absurd. Too much HR's even using sliders.

4.The inability to adjust rosters for other teams is insane! I hate the Red Sox but why is D.Lowe, R.Mendoza, M.Bellhorn, A.Embree, D.Roberts, B.Arroyo, G. Kapler, & P. Reese fiddling around in AAA for the season. Why cant I change this??????

5.The Knuckleball...

6. Stamina is rediculous. I work hard all game to get the opposing pittcher into 90 pithces by the sixth inning--his red is all gone and still throwing as sharp as the first inning. What the hell? "Jack Morris 10-inning" performances are rampant!

7. Dam, I would love to be apart of a Pedro -Zito duel, but sadly I cant becasue I run the Yankees. This is the first game in memory that suffocates you into using only one team--It sucks!!

8.Why are guys coming off the DL complaining about playing time???? Why is J.Posada complaining that I give him one day off a week?

9. You think maybe I could at least foul tip a ball out the strike zone to stay alive. Major League hitters do make contact with pitches out the zone sometimes...Geeeese

10.Pitchers with 5 pitches are as hard to hit as winning the lottery---twice! Has anyone faced Josh Beckett lately? Ouch!!! Mediocre pitchers with 5 pitches can dominate, but Superstars with 2 pitches I can cream all day long

...So I strike out 14 times per game, hit 5 solo homers, throw sliders on the outside corner all day and win--better luck next year.

1.Has anyone figured how how to drive for a ground ball in the infield and still have time to get up and throw the runner out????

SLOW DOWN BASERUNNER SPEED

2.Blue zones dont seem to matter. Why the hell even put them there? Low and away & out the strike zone seems to be the only way to get batters out. As a matter, I cant even throw fastballs-They get crushed.

LOWER POWER AND CONTACT

3.Am I the only one whose HR to RBI ratio is a rather weird 1:1.5?...40 HR-60 RBI's? Does anyone rack together a few singles or doubles to to score. I sure as hell dont. The amount of solo HRers is absurd. Too much HR's even using sliders.

LOWER POWER

4.The inability to adjust rosters for other teams is insane! I hate the Red Sox but why is D.Lowe, R.Mendoza, M.Bellhorn, A.Embree, D.Roberts, B.Arroyo, G. Kapler, & P. Reese fiddling around in AAA for the season. Why cant I change this??????

I CAN, JUST DO IT IN THE GAME PRIOR TO A DYNASTY START, YOU CAN ALSO USE MVP EDIT.

5.The Knuckleball...

LEARN TO HIT IT.

6. Stamina is rediculous. I work hard all game to get the opposing pittcher into 90 pithces by the sixth inning--his red is all gone and still throwing as sharp as the first inning. What the hell? "Jack Morris 10-inning" performances are rampant!

LOWER STAMINA

9. You think maybe I could at least foul tip a ball out the strike zone to stay alive. Major League hitters do make contact with pitches out the zone sometimes...Geeeese

RAISE CONTACT

10.Pitchers with 5 pitches are as hard to hit as winning the lottery---twice! Has anyone faced Josh Beckett lately? Ouch!!! Mediocre pitchers with 5 pitches can dominate, but Superstars with 2 pitches I can cream all day long

QUIT HACKING. LEARN TO HIT, RAISE CONTACT.

All in all you sound like a ******* moron to ask questions like this, use the slidders dumbass.

The only compliant I have with MVP is the fact you can just move any guy to any postion and he'll be a star there. Oh I think Mike Piazza should move to SS, no problem he doesn't make any errors there..sure I can go in and edit him to play SS but I'm not like that. Still if he's not listed at that position he can still be a star there.

Other then that I can live with all the above mentioned though I too agree with the HR to RBI ratio though I have seen posts about things to fix it.

I like MVP alot I can't wait for 2005...

The most annoying things for me, is the lack of season and playoff modes, the fact that you can't control more than one team and the playable minors. Every time you call up or send downa player you have to adjust all the lineups... I don't care about the minor leagues. Give me only a minor league roster.

I don't really see what he's saying as complaining so much he's just found some issues with the game. I'm sure he has things he likes too, he just didn't mention it.

I see your point man I do, but I'm just saying maybe the guy can't make graphics or program stuff. Sure he can download stuff but not everyone can figure out how things work.

I agree there are some nice programs out there that fix things like pitching and stealing bases.

Hopefully 2005 makes some adjustments but honestly I like what they did with 2004.

I don't really see what he's saying as complaining so much he's just found some issues with the game. I'm sure he has things he likes too, he just didn't mention it.

I see your point man I do, but I'm just saying maybe the guy can't make graphics or program stuff. Sure he can download stuff but not everyone can figure out how things work.

I agree there are some nice programs out there that fix things like pitching and stealing bases.

Hopefully 2005 makes some adjustments but honestly I like what they did with 2004.

i'm not gonna get into it because you seem respectable, and i don't want this guy coming on and getting mad, but all i can say is sliders help big time. i mean big time, check 'em out.

Yeah he's right about the sliders (I dont know if the orginal poster tried it) I got mine set in all star mode and man the game is much tougher but more realistic.

Well when I'm not swinging at bad pitches.

Thanks Moose for your comment too appreciate it :)

No I'm not a programmer and yes I did introduce the topic as discussion, not hate against the game. I do play the thing everyday.

But you guys think I haven't tinkered with sliders??? Of course I have. But that does not address the underlying issues with the game. Usually when you adjust one slider to fix one thing, it adversely affects another facet of the game, sometimes negatively. (At least I've found).

I have my power down to -35 and I still hit 6 homers a game (All solo).

Then someone suggests lowering runner speed to throw runners out after a drive. Ok then Im thrwoing out runners from right field on what should be a single or double. Come on!

Oh and how could I forget bunting on MVP level. Major league hitters can bunt balls out the zone, but not in this game. And dont even try to pull the bat back in time, it aint gonna happen.

To bunt you have to sit on a strike.

Blue zones are clearly pointless, in case anyone hasn't noticed --there is no slider for that. Sliders down and away in a batters red zone dominates them.

I still cant be apart of a Pedro-Zito dual because I own the Yankess, no slider for that--during the season, the CPU decides that 8 major league talents belong in the minors while the team is struggling under .500.(Boston)--once again no slider for that.

I love this game but some things just annoy the hell of out me. Especially when some predecessors didn't have the same issues.

SLOW DOWN BASERUNNER SPEED

RE: As I previously posted, that doesn't address the underlying problem. In the game when an infielder dives, it takes him 2 whole seconds to get up, rather than standing at the completion of the slide or throwing from the knees(Like real players do). Let me ask you this, has lowering runner speed ever allowed you to drive for a ball and actually complete a DP?????????????????

LOWER POWER AND CONTACT

Re:This is based of the fact that 80% of fastballs I throw end up in the alleys or in the seats. So i throw breaking balls all day long--then I can throw 3-hitters(MVP level)

I CAN, JUST DO IT IN THE GAME PRIOR TO A DYNASTY START, YOU CAN ALSO USE MVP EDIT.

Re:Kid, I want to be able to fix the bonehead transactions that the CPU makes DURING the season. The same bonehead moves that has the BoSox under .500.

LOWER STAMINA

Re: Listen, I lowered stamina. Your quick to call me a moron but like you cant read. I said that pitcher's energy levels can go down to nothingness and still he's thowing as sharp as the first inning. Lowing the stanina reduces his "energy" yes, but the sharpness of his pitches are NEVER reduced!!!! I get pedro to 120 pitches, he should not be still thrwoing 93mph and with the same control. It makes it pointless to work the count to get the starter out the game.

RAISE CONTACT

Re: With contact all the way up, I still cannot even graze a pitch 3inches off the plate(I tried it). The makers of the game obviously made it nearly impossible to touch a ball out the zone...that is FRUSTRATING!!!!! Bunting is a friggin adventure

QUIT HACKING. LEARN TO HIT, RAISE CONTACT.

re: Ok, learn to hit fine, but I still think its BS that great pitchers with only 2 pitches I can destroy but mediocre pitchers that throw everything but the kitchen sink can dominate.

Archived