help with controller

mmdogg723

ok i just got back into this game but my logitech dual action gamepad is broken (joystick issues). so i tried plugging my xbox 360 controller in and changing the cfg file, with no luck. i then tried to find it in the registry, again no luck, it was no where to be found. so i went out to walmart and bought a cheap phillips GGE909 PC Recoil Pad (all they had in stock) and tried the same two things and again, couldnt get the game to recognize it. has anyone got the 360 controller to work? do i need to do something so it shows up in the registry edit thing? or am i just too stupid for all this. idk but i would appreciate any help.... thanks

First of all, the name in the registry will be the same as the name in the Game Controllers section of Control Panel. If the name of the controller in there is, for example, XBox360 Controller, try searching the registry for a value named XBox360. If it's not found, then the controller won't work with MVP, because it's looking to activate control of the game using a name that the system doesn't recognise as being connected.

On my Vista laptop, the location of the controller config data and name is in HKEY_CURENT_USERSystemCurrentControlSetControlMediaPropertiesPrivatePropertiesJoystickOEM.

If you're comfortable editing the registry, cool, but if not, be careful. The wrong change in the registry can FUBAR your system.

Archived