No Pitching Meter Mod?

kangatarts

Are there any mods that get rid of the pitching meter? Lately, pitching has been way too easy and it's a little unrealistic that my pitchers always manage to hit their spots. I thought playing without a pitching meter and relying on timing would be an interesting challenge.

If there aren't any mods that do this, is there anyone who knows how to modify the datafile or some other file so the pitching meter goes away?

Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

That just ridiculous you can't take away the meter or it would be a joke of wild pitches and beanballs.

What I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR IS A SMALLER GREEN ZONE for online play.

But there is a catch, it has to be where both players must use same file or the game won't connect therefore 1 guy can't cheat and use the bigger greaan zone.

Think about it a smaller green zone will make pitches way tougher to hit.

That just ridiculous you can't take away the meter or it would be a joke of wild pitches and beanballs.

What I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR IS A SMALLER GREEN ZONE for online play.

But there is a catch, it has to be where both players must use same file or the game won't connect therefore 1 guy can't cheat and use the bigger greaan zone.

Think about it a smaller green zone will make pitches way tougher to hit.

no meter is realistic.thats what im aiming for.

and sfgiants, MW@H.

take a piece of paper and put it over the meter on your monitor and give it a try. May sound silly but this was enough for me to see how difficult a no meter would be.

lol its funny u say that, i did just that. but i used a cut-out of halle berry to block the meter.

• 3 weeks later...

The way that springs to mind is to go into datafile.txt, find the values for meter RGB and alpha, and I guess set the alpha to white, I think that's what makes it all transparent.

Then, go into igcrsr.fsh in one of the .big files with the graphics editor, and blank out the outline for the pitch meter, though I guess you don't have to do that step if you don't want to go through the trouble.

--jp

Not that anyone cares anymore.

Archived