What Controller Would You Recommend?

mike12000

Obviously I'm not going to be able to play this game with my 4 or 5 year old Logitech Wingman Rumblepad (corded). I've wasted about 4 hours of my life trying to set up the controls and get the game to respond to anything beside the pause button. Was able to hit batting practice. ONCE! Then for some mysterious reason it quit responding to the same controls! Uninstalled and reinstalled. Same flawed responses in the game to my attempts to set the controller up and have it respond.

I've got $27 into the game and $57 in a new video card (EVGA 1GB GeForce 9400 GT). Why not buy a new frickin' controller?!?!?!

What a lousy experience so far with this game.

If I decide to buy a new controller, what will work, based on your first hand experience?

Xbox 360 controller works great.

I am loving this controller..I was actually forced to buy it for GTA4 and complained like crazy about it...Now that 2K9 is out and I have the controller I am thanking myself for not being cheap...$60 some dollars later...It's the cordless one.

Thanks to both of you. So you didn't have to fiddle with the control settings to start playing? All the commands in the game were populated with corresponding contoller actions? Sounds refreshing after what I've dealt with.

So Xbox 360 controller is in the running. Other nominees?

Xbox 360 controller works great.

Definitely would tell anyone to get the wired 360 controller. It's what this game was designed to be played on. You don't have to assign any buttons either since everything is automatically detected.

Hmmm...Even though my P880 is now configured to run fairly well, I just may get the Microsoft Xbox360 controller for approx. $40 to $45 at TigerDirect or Newegg...Says it is for Game Console and PC (wired version).

Suddenly my $20 purchase will become a $65 investment. :lol:

Oh well, at least I'll have a backup to the P880 and I'm sure I've done more foolish things, if I want to think about it.

Thanks to both of you. So you didn't have to fiddle with the control settings to start playing? All the commands in the game were populated with corresponding contoller actions? Sounds refreshing after what I've dealt with.

So Xbox 360 controller is in the running. Other nominees?

Xbox 360 wired controller imo is the best.

EDIT:

Sorry, I forgot this was in MLB 2K9 forum... Sorry about my useless post x_x

Forget what I said. I was talking about MVP.

Definitely would tell anyone to get the wired 360 controller. It's what this game was designed to be played on. You don't have to assign any buttons either since everything is automatically detected.

i use the xbox 360 wired controller works the best

i use the xbox 360 non wireless controller works the best

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. I'm on my way to Wal-Mart to get the Xbox 360 controller (wired) for $25. Fingers crossed that this is the end of my issues. I'll let you know.

Turns out the $25 controller was a liscensed brand, not Microsoft. The D-pad looked like it would be better on the $40 Microsoft contoller so I bought it. After figuring out how to set the controller (instead of the keyboard) as the default device, all seems to be well now. Settling in to learning how to play the game, thanks again everyone.

Does the wireless Xbox controller run on batteries, or can it be recharged in some manner? I wouldn't mind having a wireless controller if I don't have to feed it batteries every few weeks.

The answer is: both. It runs on 2 AA batteries, but you can buy (seperately or as a package with the controller) a "Charge and Play" kit.

Check it out on the online stores. I went with wired for myself.

Well, after continuously being blown out, I concluded that my wireless controller has a very very slight delay that is causing me to swing late almost every time. At first, I thought about how I need to practice more. I finally decided to use a wired controller and voila, I CAN NOW HIT!!

So I gave up on the wireless xbox 360 controller for windows.

Now I'm using a regular wired xbox 360 controller.

Archived