Mlb 2k9 Pitching

Bazooka

Maybe I can get some help with my pitching, and more specifically 'aiming' with the left thumb stick. When I am in the game and attempt to aim, I only have a select few options - not total aiming control (see pictures below):

1-3.jpg

4-6.jpg

7-9.jpg

Those are the only locations my left thumb stick will allow me to aim for pitching. Can someone tell me if this is a problem with my controller (corded logitech dual action)? Is there a setting I need to change?

This is for the PC if that assists any. Thanks guys.

It sounds like a controller issue to me. I moved away from the Logitech dual action controller to the Logitech RumblePad 2. I found that the Logitech dual action controller suffered from calibration issues. I now have a Rumblepad 2 I bought 3 years ago and it's flawless.

My suggestion is to install the Logitech dual action drivers (XP or Vista). Try it again. If the problem persists get another controller.

I also used a wired Xbox 360 controller and it works great as well.

It's not the controller, I and many others have the same one and it works perfect for us. A lot of people are having controller issues with all kinds of different controls, i'm not sure why. Both of mine were set up and mapped perfectly by default.

Thanks for the help guys. I picked up the Rumblepad 2 and tried it. Same result. I reinstalled the game. Same result. All other aspects of the game seem to be functioning normal except for this aiming with the left thumbstick.

With both controllers, the default mapping had the D-Pad as 'aiming' and the left thumbstick for 'clipboard'.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help guys. I picked up the Rumblepad 2 and tried it. Same result. I reinstalled the game. Same result. All other aspects of the game seem to be functioning normal except for this aiming with the left thumbstick.

With both controllers, the default mapping had the D-Pad as 'aiming' and the left thumbstick for 'clipboard'.

Any other ideas?

1) What OS are you using Vista or XP?

2) Did you install the Logitech controller software?

Rodster, I'm running Vista 64-bit and yes the controller software is installed.

On a side note, I re-mapped my controller so the right thumbstick is for aiming and the left thumbstick is for pitching. This worked perfectly!

I re-mapped it to the original way (i.e., left thumb = aim; right thumb = pitch) and I still have the same original problem...

Rodster, I'm running Vista 64-bit and yes the controller software is installed.

On a side note, I re-mapped my controller so the right thumbstick is for aiming and the left thumbstick is for pitching. This worked perfectly!

I re-mapped it to the original way (i.e., left thumb = aim; right thumb = pitch) and I still have the same original problem...

OK i'm running Windows XP Pro. Maybe it's something to do with Vista 64, not totally sure about that. See if Logitech has Vista 64 drivers on their website. ;)

SeaTrane, I hear what you're saying. However, I am experiencing this annoying problem. I don't think it's the controller(s) as I have tried both the dual action and rumblepad 2 and ended up with the same problem.

Thanks for the help Johnnywadd, but I think I got it figured out.

The short of it: In the controller settings under Control Panel, I enabled swap mode. This switched the right and left thumbsticks. I then went into the game and re-mapped the left for aiming and right for pitching and it seems to be working.

Thanks for everyone taking the time to provide their thoughts and assistance.

Archived