Mlb 2k9 Realism

mike360

all sliders set to 50 except the following..

User Settings

Batting Success --- 25

Batting Contact --- 60

Pitch Meter Speed --- 75

Pitch Speed --- 75

Fielding Errors --- 0

Throw Meter Influence --- 0

CPU Settings

AI Batting Success --- 25

AI Batting Contact --- 60

AI Pitch Success --- 55

AI Strike Zone Tendency --- 20

AI Fielding Errors --- 0

what difficulty are they?

once you change any slider, the difficulty becomes custom, so, yea, it's custom difficulty. I suggest everyone try these. It's really realistic, whether it's CPU vs CPU or you playin' the CPU. I'm letting a CPU vs CPU game play out right now and I'll post the results of the game here..

Pro difficulty was way too easy. I was winning 21-3 and 16-4. Upped it to All-star, Lost 6-3, won 12-6, and won 4-3. No custom sliders, just upping the difficulty. So I'm still looking for a somewhat realistic slider set. Something that will give me a lot of the 5-2, 3-1, 7-5 type games, and the occasional 10-2 type game.

Pro difficulty was way too easy. I was winning 21-3 and 16-4. Upped it to All-star, Lost 6-3, won 12-6, and won 4-3. No custom sliders, just upping the difficulty. So I'm still looking for a somewhat realistic slider set. Something that will give me a lot of the 5-2, 3-1, 7-5 type games, and the occasional 10-2 type game.

Give the ones I posted a shot, man.. I play with classic hitting without batter's eye. I don't know if using a different hitting control method would change results for people, but when I play a game vs CPU, it's a pretty damn good game..

If you host the sliders, please tell us where to put them. I manually set the sliders and they were gone when I went into my franchise. I want to set a default and forget them. The menus in the game really suck. Too many drilldowns to screw things up IMO.

How many games played before making sliders?

Based on just your sliders or previously made?

How has these sliders effected the massive amount of HR's?

How about Balls and Strikes taken by CPU can you actually K someone or even walk someone?

Batting Avg. seems to low

Low number of K's , Balls and Walks recorded from those shots

How many games played before making sliders?

Based on just your sliders or previously made?

How has these sliders effected the massive amount of HR's?

How about Balls and Strikes taken by CPU can you actually K someone or even walk someone?

Batting Avg. seems to low

Low number of K's , Balls and Walks recorded from those shots

Heh, hey, I ain't claimin' I fixed the game. Only 2K can do that, but I'll answer your questions here.. I've played about 5 or 6 games with those slider settings and they're solid.

These slider settings are based on my assessment of playing the game with the sliders all at 50. I changed the sliders as I felt after playing games with all the sliders set to 50.

There is no massive amount of HRs with these sliders. You'll feel like you accomplished something when you hit one.

Yea, you can K someone and walk someone. I even get 'em lookin' quite a bit.

played a couple of games, sliders are ok, but cpu is still way too agressive at the plate, they swing at everything, don't care about pitch count at all. i don't know if this can be fixed with sliders but this is the thing that bugs me the most.

everything else seems solid ;)

found an interesting thread at operation sports concerning walks and ai agression:

link

Can you copy and paste the main part? I'm at work and Operation Sports is filtered out. Sorry. I know I'm asking for too much.

BTW, here's my take on sliders. If you want to test these, you must do so in Franchise. You must play minimum 10 games with them (2 starts per starting pitcher). When doing the 10 games, you must not alter anything even if one game ends up being 12-11.

Take my Cubbies for example, last year in blowouts 5+ runs for/against, they had 47 games out of 162, roughly 30%

In 1 run games for/against 46/162, about 30% or so.

Cubs scores more than 10 runs in 19 games out of 162, roughly 10%. You add these together (70%), so that leaves 30% of games that will be 6-3, 4-1, 8-5, etc.

Using 10 games a general base would include somewhat like 3 games blowouts, 3 games tight, 1 game where your team is over 10 runs, and 3 regular average games.

Just my 2 cents.

Here's a link I use for my Cubs' stats. You can find your team as well.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHC/2008_sched.shtml

Sharpshooter - I just read the short post. In short it said that when Inside Edge (IE from here on out) was purchased and pulled up for all AI batters that the walks were rated as D for every player. Even when OP went to up the ratings for all batters the rating for walks in IE was still D. OP then went to raise all walk stats to 100 on all batters, IE still rated walks as D. Various pictures were added to verify results.

played a couple of games, sliders are ok, but cpu is still way too agressive at the plate, they swing at everything, don't care about pitch count at all. i don't know if this can be fixed with sliders but this is the thing that bugs me the most.

everything else seems solid ;)

Sliders won't fix it. They removed the AI Take Pitch slider from last year. I don't know why because this game really needs that slider badly.

this game really needs that slider badly

yes i absolutely agree...i played for indinas vs d-backs and they swing on every first pitch..i think if 2kSports will release patch and if it can repair all those bugs(outfield,infield errors,swings of CPU....)it will be bigger size than mlb 2k9(sry my english..)

Archived