Uniforms's Dirt

Speedball13

in the trailers/teasers, player will get dirt if they dive,but probably no pc version :o

That's interesting. I haven't watched many trailers or promo gameplay videos so I haven't seen this but I have suspected that it may be in the game. This is just a wild *** guess, but I was thinking maybe 2K did put the logic in the game for dirtied uniforms but had to cut the textures out of the release because due to storage limitations on the 360 (it's been confirmed that things like playable AA and A were taken out because all the various uniforms pushed the game of the size limit). So maybe it's possible to add the necessary textures back into the PC version and they will work? Like I said just a wild *** guess, but if early gameplay videos show it, it might be possible.

That's interesting. I haven't watched many trailers or promo gameplay videos so I haven't seen this but I have suspected that it may be in the game. This is just a wild *** guess, but I was thinking maybe 2K did put the logic in the game for dirtied uniforms but had to cut the textures out of the release because due to storage limitations on the 360 (it's been confirmed that things like playable AA and A were taken out because all the various uniforms pushed the game of the size limit). So maybe it's possible to add the necessary textures back into the PC version and they will work? Like I said just a wild *** guess, but if early gameplay videos show it, it might be possible.

That's very well possible. Would be cool if that were the case.

I find it hard to believe that this would not be included, just about every baseball game has this feature.

take a look at the "spanish TV commercial" ...you'll see J. Reyes's uniform with dirt on it.

http://www.2ksports.com/videos/new/mlb2k9/206

I'm pretty sure that video is all pre-rendered, meaning they can put just about anything in it and it doesn't mean it's actually in the game. The best thing to look at would be early game play videos. If they show dirt, it's probably still in there somewhere. But rendered video really means nothing.

I'm pretty sure that video is all pre-rendered, meaning they can put just about anything in it and it doesn't mean it's actually in the game. The best thing to look at would be early game play videos. If they show dirt, it's probably still in there somewhere. But rendered video really means nothing.

Aww...sorry that i can't help with this but i knew someone mentioned this in 2k9 there

Btw, patch#2 for consoles and patch #1 for pc are on the way, let's see what patch #2 is going to bring us :)

• 1 month later...

PLEASE...create a mod for dirt uniforms for the pc version !!!

As far as I know, the uniforms in teh xbox360 and ps3 version get dirty...BUT NOT in the PC version !

Thats soooo sad.

Dirt uniforms belong to baseball, like the tree for xmas...

I would be soooo happy if we get dirt uniforms for the pc version...

thanks

Doc

PLEASE...create a mod for dirt uniforms for the pc version !!!

As far as I know, the uniforms in teh xbox360 and ps3 version get dirty...BUT NOT in the PC version !

Thats soooo sad.

Dirt uniforms belong to baseball, like the tree for xmas...

I would be soooo happy if we get dirt uniforms for the pc version...

thanks

Doc

Currently, this is not possible to do.

Archived