Cpu Comeback Tendency

VTek33

Anybody else noticing a pretty strong cpu comeback tendency in later innings? It seems like every game I play I'll pitch really well through seven, bring in a new pitcher and then everything hits the fan. I'll have fielders just continue to run and let an easy ground ball keep going to the outfield. In one game I also had two hits off my pitcher that ended up as infield hits. Even if I change my pitching to setup guys even more than I did in the previous innings, as soon as I try to hit the corners, bam! single or a double. Sooooo frustrating.

I haven't noticed that but i have noticed that once they start to rally in an inning, it's hard to stop em. They hit everything.

Yeah, haven't noticed a "comeback" tendency, but just played a game Bal(me) vs. Evil Empire. They went on a rally in the 6th inning and it was all over. Good game though. All their runs, they earned (ie. Not by me misplaying easy flyballs). Getting much better at my fielding.

Damon just missed the cycle: Single, Double, Triple. He had 2 shots at a HR, almost got it on his last at-bat, but Luke Scott snatched it at the warning track. A-Rod had a good day: 3-5, 2 doubles, HR. My bullpen just fell apart. I didn't feel cheated.

Anybody else noticing a pretty strong cpu comeback tendency in later innings? It seems like every game I play I'll pitch really well through seven, bring in a new pitcher and then everything hits the fan. I'll have fielders just continue to run and let an easy ground ball keep going to the outfield. In one game I also had two hits off my pitcher that ended up as infield hits. Even if I change my pitching to setup guys even more than I did in the previous innings, as soon as I try to hit the corners, bam! single or a double. Sooooo frustrating.

I've had similar results and i've found a workaround. I just throw strikes down the middle, usually a FB and the CPU will 9 times out of 10 fly out.

I just played a 16 inning game CPU vs CPU between the Braves and Phillies. The Braves managed to scratch a single run with back to back doubles in the top of the 16, only to have the Phillies hit 4 straight singles up the middle, that 2 of them trickled about 3 ft behind 2nd base and my center fielder was the only one who could retrieve them, as the Phillies kept running the bases. Wierd huh? Perhaps my 2nd baseman and SS are being payed by the Phillies. LOL

In general I (pitching) seem to "settle down" as the game progresses. I may give up 7 hits through 5 innings, and only 2 or 3 the rest of the way. I do however notice the CPU will throw together a rally. I just tighten up and start throwing more off speed pitches, mix it up better, and just try to make sure I don't leave anything close to the middle of the plate.

In the middle of one of these "rallys", if you make a mistake, you'll pay.

Archived