Pnc Park Wip

HardcoreLegend

I've started work on PNC Park. It's actually fairly easy since I had all my hi-res graphics from my MVP version but also difficult because 2KSports used the same 8 images about 5 times throughout the stadium (each) and butchered the Out-Of-Town scoreboard.

A real mod of this stadium can't take place until someone gives us a way to move vertices around.

picture715.jpg

picture717.jpg

Nice work so far. I'd put more new eras ads on the bottom of the dugout back , so there isn't that gap.

Is it me or are ALL walls in stadiums way too bright and washed out? And the walls at night are way brighter than day.

The washing out of the graphics is completely random. One half of the scoreboard at PNC is normal contrast while the other half is on the surface of the sun.

Not only that, but the Highmark building in LF...I added the graphic for the company to the top of the building...only....the game doesn't show it. Bum...bum...bum.

The washing out of the graphics is completely random. One half of the scoreboard at PNC is normal contrast while the other half is on the surface of the sun.

Not only that, but the Highmark building in LF...I added the graphic for the company to the top of the building...only....the game doesn't show it. Bum...bum...bum.

Yeah I'm having the same issues about things not showing when updating. I updated all those Xbox 360 buttons but they didn't show ingame. So was I shocked when somebody updated them, they were the same updates I made but showed ingame. I'm probably not using the iff editor correctly or something I can't figure out now.

Are we supposed to compress the file back????

jjyhh, the guy that made the Xbox buttons, RE-compressed the iff.

I pmed him about it but I don't think he speaks english.

Also there might be another location of an ad. I had one ad in petco that that was also in completely different grouping.

Yeah I'm having the same issues about things not showing when updating. I updated all those Xbox 360 buttons but they didn't show ingame. So was I shocked when somebody updated them, they were the same updates I made but showed ingame. I'm probably not using the iff editor correctly or something I can't figure out now.

Are we supposed to compress the file back????

jjyhh, the guy that made the Xbox buttons, RE-compressed the iff.

I pmed him about it but I don't think he speaks english.

Also there might be another location of an ad. I had one ad in petco that that was also in completely different grouping.

The awesomeness of EA splitting graphics has carried over to 2k9. I tried editing a graphic on the scoreboard only to find that half of it is located somewhere else.

The problem with iff editor is that it doesn't do what IFF Tool does. When IFF tool unpacks everything, it gives you three seperate BMPs for certain images. One tells it how to bevel the image, the other tells it how to shade it (sort of). But IFF Editor ignores those and just gives you the original BMP. Iff Editor also opens the stadium files, something iff tool can't do.

im new to all this also, but I hear what you are saying. Im currently working on Camden yards and after getting the scoreboard perfect I looked around and saw half of the scoreboard was repeating itself around the entire stadium. I just adjusted things so they work out sort of. Its going to be almost impossible to create EXACT replicas because of this.

I believe a lot of the buttons you tried to fix are in global.iff rolie. And global.iff can be extracted via iffset. Therefore it never comes uncompressed.

Hot damn. I been trying to iff editor all this time, didn't think about that. Now I know both tools are useful. Thanks Zach, that clears up a lot.

im new to all this also, but I hear what you are saying. Im currently working on Camden yards and after getting the scoreboard perfect I looked around and saw half of the scoreboard was repeating itself around the entire stadium. I just adjusted things so they work out sort of. Its going to be almost impossible to create EXACT replicas because of this.

Which is exactly why I am not putting out an Oriole Park mod until we get UV Map editing capability. The quallity just wouldn't be up to my standards, which is also why Pirate stopped releasing mods...

Does anyone else's rotator ads change every batter?

picture725.jpg

yeah same here, updates too often, not a hiuge deal I suppose. Better than not having anything at all. One thing that bugs me is that they added a bucnh of ads that were never there to accommodate more sponsors.

Which is exactly why I am not putting out an Oriole Park mod until we get UV Map editing capability. The quallity just wouldn't be up to my standards, which is also why Pirate stopped releasing mods...

You can still dramatically improve the stadium. It just won't be as accurate. Only the hardcore home fans would really notice the difference. But it would be nice to get some UVW mapping.

Actually, if you hit START, the ad will change.

I had the rotator ads in MVP baseball (after you and others figured out how to do it) that worked much better than these. Hopefully we can find the data file at some point to make this baby change correctly.

I also love that 'next gen' flags are just as terrible looking as MVP 2004 3D flags.

Archived